It took 5 years to get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It took 5 years to get...

I know this thread is super delayed in me starting it as I've had the car for almost a year now, but I wanted to wait until I truly started thinking about what mods I wanted to do before opening a build thread.

So my previous car was a 2010 VW Golf 2.5, because at the time the cost of GTI wasn't possible regardless of how bad I wanted one. After 5years my life has transitioned enough in a positive direction to allow me to get what had been a "dream car" of sorts.

In May of last year I traded in my Golf at 5th Ave and Derek helped get me into this 2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn.

~Stephanie~
    2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
    IG: succubusMK7

Re: It took 5 years to get...

Yay for tornado red! Best color!

I drove a mk7 Gti and they are awesome cars. Seems like they made massive improvements his gen over the last.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoo congrats, so jelly! Makes me so eager to get the TDI fixed and on the road!
      Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-07-2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
        Yay for tornado red! Best color!

I drove a mk7 Gti and they are awesome cars. Seems like they made massive improvements his gen over the last.

Congrats!
        Thanks Danny. It's tough to compare the improvements they made over the 6th Gen when i have a trendline Golf. Everything about the MK7 seems like an improvement but I stepped up a cost bracket so that's totally to be expected. haha

I definitely think the styling is improved. Seems a lot sportier this gen.

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
        Whoo congrats, so jelly! Makes me so eager to get the TDI fixed and on the road!
        Thanks! Planning for this year?

So, what is everyone's preference for wheels vs suspension as the first mod? I have a feeling what the answer is for most, but figured I'd still get a consensus as I just can not make up my mind. I know which wheels I am gonna go for and I'm keeping it a surprise but suspension is still up in the air.

My plan was to go the air route but with the crappy CDN dollar I just don't think it's feasible right now, so looking at coilovers.

Options:
        ST X
        H&R Streetline (what I'm leaning towards)
        H&R Deep (+$300 over streetlines)
        KW V1 (not sure these go low enough for me)

Any recommendations? I'm looking to order one or the other in the next few weeks.
        ~Stephanie~

Comment

Personally I would do suspension first. Mk7 wheels already look pretty good. and would look great with the car lowered on them. Getting aftermarket wheels without a drop can make the car look very bad.

Comment

Suspension first. Not so much about current looks, but future planning. If you lower the car on stock wheels, it will give you a much better idea of what offsets you need on the new wheels to both look good and prevent damage
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

hawt colour. good people over at 5th ave.
              Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by RedRayne_GTI View Post
                My plan was to go the air route but with the crappy CDN dollar I just don't think it's feasible right now, so looking at coilovers.

Options:
                ST X
                H&R Streetline (what I'm leaning towards)
                H&R Deep (+$300 over streetlines)
                KW V1 (not sure these go low enough for me)

Any recommendations? I'm looking to order one or the other in the next few weeks.
                The TDI came with H&R springs. Makes it pretty low, scraping is already happening.
                Like this guys: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5417

I think you might want to go for ride quality and look at Bilsteins maybe?
                Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-12-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks cam!

Witchcraft, I already placed my order with Natty today for the coil-overs. I went with the H&R Street Performance which should give me upto 2.3"F drop and 2.0"R. Just gotta find a shop for install now.

They should give me something along the lines of this guy, which is what I was looking for.

~Stephanie~

Comment

Car looks awesome, love the red, nice to have some real color.

Come see us down at Calgary Autoworks, can definitely get them installed and dialed in for you.
                    Last edited by BaggedGLI; 04-12-2016, 02:13 PM.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

They have arrived!

Hope I can get them installed in the next month or so.

Big thanks to Natty for these! Made it super easy!
                      Last edited by RedRayne_GTI; 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM.
                      ~Stephanie~

Comment

I'm horrible at keeping this page up to date, but it did finally get lowered last year. Big thanks to the guys at Calgary Autoworks.

Also received my new set of summer wheels, if summer or spring ever show up this year.. 19x8.5 r8cm9's in Brushed Gold.

~Stephanie~

Comment

Those should look killer on the red being nice and low!!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                            Those should look killer on the red being nice and low!!!
                            Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to test fitting them when I find some time.
                            ~Stephanie~

Comment

Originally posted by RedRayne_GTI View Post
                              Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to test fitting them when I find some time.
                              big fan of these wheels especially in the gold! looking forward to seeing how they look!

Comment

Working...
                              X