Westside Auto (Edmonton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westside Auto (Edmonton)

Anyone have any experience with Westside? With the horror stories I have heard about Concept1's installs I am considering driving up to Edmonton for a day to check these guys out...

I still cant decide between the FK's and the H&R springs/shocks/struts tho :(

Re: Westside Auto (Edmonton)

Originally posted by Davetronz
    Anyone have any experience with Westside? With the horror stories I have heard about Concept1's installs I am considering driving up to Edmonton for a day to check these guys out...

I still cant decide between the FK's and the H&R springs/shocks/struts tho :(
    Theres nothing specific to VW's about installing coilovers, which should be easier than spring/damper kits. I'd say going to edtown is too far to be worth it. Avoid C1 but if you go to a reliable shop you could be OK. I am supposed to get my steering knuckle checked out at Harper's Tire tomorrow so I can give you a review of their skillz and prices after if you want. They seemes pretty confident that they could sort me out.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

If you want a really good shop, try Dubsport (Darsh Imports). They are in Edmonton as well and I've dealt with them a few times. They do excellent work and they are fast and friendly. Big thumbs-up to them!
      Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

I love Westside they have been fabulous to me and I consider it well worth the Drive and I live on the south side of Edmonton so my commute is a good 45- 55 minutes from my house out Leduc way.

Cordialtea
        Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Kor: Yea please let me know how they are, I can buy the parts wherever but I don't think I want Concept1 installing anything from the stories I have heard here... I would do it myself with my dad (he has all the tools and expertise) but we don't have the time.

VRado6: I will give them a call tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up.

Cordialtea: Do you know of anyone who has had issues with their installs or anything service related?

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
            Theres nothing specific to VW's about installing coilovers, which should be easier than spring/damper kits. I'd say going to edtown is too far to be worth it. Avoid C1 but if you go to a reliable shop you could be OK. I am supposed to get my steering knuckle checked out at Harper's Tire tomorrow so I can give you a review of their skillz and prices after if you want. They seemes pretty confident that they could sort me out.
            I have just started dealing with them and they seen very helpful and the techs seem to know what they are doing....

What happened to you that you are so against a shop that deals solely in VW's and has a fairly decent rep. in Clagary. I have talked to several poeple in Calgary and they seen to be happy with the service (except the 4 or 5 of you, out of what 100's, that are pissed).

Again I find it interesting that it is only 4 or 5 of you poeple that have a problem with C1...... are you their only customers? I had to book a week in advance to have my car worked on there .

Please share with me the excact problem that you have..... I want to know before i go there
            Last edited by Kor; 08-09-2005, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAISER
              Once again you trash on a shop that you are to chicken $hit to talk to...... do you ever talk to poeple in real life

I have just started dealing with them and they seen very helpful and the techs seem to know what they are doing....

What happened to you that you are so against a shop that deals solely in VW's and has a fairly decent rep. in Clagary. I have talked to several poeple in Calgary and they seen to be happy with the service (except the 4 or 5 of you, out of what 100's, that are pissed).

Again I find it interesting that it is only 4 or 5 of you poeple that have a problem with C1...... are you their only customers? I had to book a week in advance to have my car worked on there .

Please share with me the excact problem that you have..... I want to know before i go there
              PM'd. Please keep it civil as well.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I can't say anything for or against Westside or Darsh as I haven't dealt with them, but another place I like here in Edmonton is Basco Parts. I've only dealt with him once, but my experience was excellent.

http://www.bascoparts.com/
                Last edited by B Dubbin; 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM.
                Brandon

Comment

Thanks for the link B Dubbin I will check them out too...

Comment

Hellraiser: For having 4 or 5 posts you sure are showing some attitude around here... There is an entire post discussing Concept1.. if you search you will find it....
                    The most recent comlaint I heard is that they lost a piece of BadKenny's Air Box intake...while installing a DV..and the funny part is the part doesn't even need to be taken off! (Its on an Audi A4)

Comment

West side has been ok but I agree about going to Darsh (Dubsport). This is the best garage I've ever been to and have absolutely no worries about taking my car there.
                      The world has but three sports, Bullfighting, Mountain Climbing, and Motor Racing. All the rest are merely games - Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Westside is good, Dubsport heard good things
                        H & R's the whole way then add some Bilstein shocks, good combo, nice ride
                        and dependable.

Comment

I have only bought parts at Westside but they come highly recommended by several PPL on VWDOV.CA board out of Vancouver BC and the ppl who suggested that shop to me had no issues there at all.

Cordialtea
                          Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Working...
                          X