Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17" BBS Madras rims in poor shape - replace/repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" BBS Madras rims in poor shape - replace/repair?

Hey all,

I have a set of the original 17" BBS Madras rims on my Passat W8. They're 15 years old and pretty scraped up and at least one of them leaks. It's getting annoying to have to top off the tire constantly. Not sure whether I can get these fixed / refurbished because I understand they're fairly rare. Either way, I'll probably start looking for a new/second set.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase a set or where to get the existing rims repaired/refurbished?

Thanks!

Re: 17" BBS Madras rims in poor shape - replace/repair?

Check with GTR auto, Natty here, they bought our W8 after our accident a few years ago and our Madras were in great shape.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Thanks, I'll ask

Comment

I got my Madras wheels repaired/refinished last summer at Alberta Wheel Repair. It was a beast of a job for them. I ended up having to supply a 5th wheel just to get 4 good ones back - lots of the bolts sheared off. I paid $1k to have them done but they'd probably charge more next time due to the work involved. They came back absolutely awesome.

I've seen some online places in the US that sell them for USD $2-300 each refinished. That might not be a bad option.
        Eddy

1995 540iT/6 Technoviolet
        2004 W8 Wagon 6MT Pacific Blue

Comment

Working...
        X