This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official "Who has Vag-Com" Thread

Does anyone have a Vag-Com who lives in the deep south who could scan my car? Preferably in the millrise/shawnessy/sommerset area, but anywhere south of anderson or southland would work.

PM me.

Thanks

Tim
    Tim
    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

I have a MKV jetta 2.0T, i was told i need a vag com with can bus.... is there someone here that can help me with this? i live in the NW. calgary. please PM me. thank you very much!

Comment

i live close to Winnipeg Manitoba. ive got vag-com, i use version 409.1 but i dont know what cable im using, it doesnt say on the cable what it is. i use it on my 2004.5 jetta. it also worked on my buddies 98 jetta. i bought it off him who bought it off ebay.

this is what it looks like
        Last edited by Doug_1.8T; 12-23-2007, 01:32 AM.
        2004.5 Jetta GLS 1.8L 20VT 5spd|\O8\\===VW===//8O/|

myspace.com

Comment

is any one available to scan an 01 A8? engine light is on and car is running like complete crap.
          Justin

Comment

awesome, well i need a scan please, engine light is on, and with my kids it worries me...might be the MAF sensor i was told, could anyone lend a scan?

Comment

you can use mine i am in the sw evergreen

Originally posted by HBAVDBA View Post
              awesome, well i need a scan please, engine light is on, and with my kids it worries me...might be the MAF sensor i was told, could anyone lend a scan?

Comment

awesome thank you, when can we setup a time? i work 1-9 m-thur and fri sat off, this sat morning is the wow so bringing the kids there, let me know your schedule, as well i am trying to fit in a swap..thanks ttyl

Comment

Originally posted by GoNzO View Post
                  I have the Hex+Can Vag Com. I am in Lethbridge.
                  I also have this and I too am in Lethbridge and I frequently travel to Edmonton where I am in the NE near Clairview.

Comment

If someone's got some time to give me a scan, I've got a case of beer with your name on it.

I'm in Brooks, open to going pretty much anywhere within a couple hour drive.

email: matt-timmins@hotmail.com

Thanks

Comment

so whats the difference between obd2 and the other ones? Other then price.

Comment

OBD2 is only emissions related stuff required by the government. VagCom allows you to do a whole lot more, but only on VAG group vehicles. I have tried my VagCom as a generic OBD2 scanner on my GF Mazda 3, the plug went in but it would not communicate. There are a handful of standards that the port is allowed to meet, this one does not match what Mazda uses.
                        Jeff
                        Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
                        Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

My check engine light is on and would like to get a scan to see whats going.

Case of beer, of your choice to anyone who's interested.

Kane
                          2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
                          2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
                          1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

I also have joined the ranks of Vag-Com owners.

I am in the NW (Thorncliffe)
                            Now: 00 2dr Golf TDI, 03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 02 2500HD Duramax
                            Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 96 Passat Wagon TDI, 97 Jetta IDI
                            "Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!"

Comment

Hi GUys,

Ive got a bad miss fire thats getting worse and would really appreciate it if someone could scan it for me this weekend to give me a starting point. Im in the SW, Somerset if anyone can help out. Not sure how far i want to drive it coz i think its gonna quit on me soon.

Cheers
                              Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

in edmonton, have ebay vag-com, can lend a hand

409 release btw
                                Last edited by MrAvantit; 05-22-2008, 10:49 AM.
                                Garage --- full at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X