X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 05 Passat Wagon TDI

Shifter connected and finished

5 speed bolted up

Last edited by stefan; 06-02-2019, 09:06 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Good stuff, love it Stefan!!!
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Done and done. Runs great!

Big thanks to Benjamin, Colin, Frans at Dutch Auto Parts, Mark and Owain at Malone Tuning, Natty, Levi Jeffries who had some awesome YouTube videos and MyTurboDiesel.com for all your help!
        Last edited by stefan; 06-03-2018, 10:53 AM.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Woohoo! Nice work Stefan!
          Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

I was a little worried I'd be chasing CELs, but all good. The ABS and Traction Control lights took a really long time to go out (for system to calibrate), but all is well now.
            Stefan
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Good job Stefan!!! Great to watch your successful swap!!!
              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

So I think DJ brought up SMF as a good option. This may be the case. I get juddering at low rpm/high torque situations like 1800 rpm on a hill and accelerating.

I can drive around it but it's annoying. I don't know much about clutches. Can pressure plate and disc from DMF setup be used on an SMF? Or would I have to swap everything? It's a Sachs performance kit.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

So I'm hearing the juddering from the clutch that I'm experiencing is common in tuned TDIs with transverse engines but not so much with longitudinal engines like the Passat. Anyone verify this? Maybe I just blew a transmission Mount or something...
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I have a single mass clutch in mine and with the clutch out, def louder, clutch in quieter...

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      So I'm hearing the juddering from the clutch that I'm experiencing is common in tuned TDIs with transverse engines but not so much with longitudinal engines like the Passat. Anyone verify this? Maybe I just blew a transmission Mount or something...
                      Both MK4 and MK7 have been super smooth tuned, that said I've had custom Malone tunes on both.
                      Is your EGR clogged up?

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                        Both MK4 and MK7 have been super smooth tuned, that said I've had custom Malone tunes on both.
                        Is your EGR clogged up?
                        EGR is clean. Talked to Malone and apparently it is not uncommon with higher torque TDI tunes and they had toned down tunes to deal with it if someone doesn't want to swap in a tougher clutch. That said, Dutch Auto Parts, who put the kit together says he is aware of the issue and my flywheel should be able to deal with the torque. I'm out of town at the moment but need to verify nothing is loose, like bushings or mounts, and then will decide what to do. Malone described it as like speed bumps when at WOT around 1800-2200 rpm... Which pretty much nails it.
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

What kind of flywheel did you install, Sachs DmF?

Comment

It's all Sachs performance stuff - pressure plate, clutch plate and dmf. I'm just trying to get all the part numbers so I can look up the exact ones then will post.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Don't have clutch part numbers yet...

In the meantime... How much transmission Mount play is normal? It's definitely not completely broken. I'm just thinking that excessive play in mounts could possibly also contribute. Here is an unexciting video of mount while I let out the clutch a little. It's maybe a little on the loose side in the sense that I can get to to full range nearly, while just at idle. What do y'all think? They are original mounts with 280,000 km. Motor mounts are 3-4 years old and I believe they are ok.

**Also, I just noticed that the manual has a different part number than auto. They fit interchangeably... Not sure what is different.
                              Last edited by stefan; 07-22-2018, 10:21 PM.
                              Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Car milestone

Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X