Clear All

Re: 05 Passat Wagon TDI

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
    Unitronic ... psssst unitronic
    Probably going to hold off a while... But pm be a price anyway
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Blair should have some grey Eurodrivers decals left that will match the wagon. If not I may.
      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

yeah, was thinking about that. I have a stampede bbq at my office on Thursday in fisher park, so I can probably zip over to the meet for a few minutes and grab a renewal and stickers
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Dealership said they would attempt to re-align the rub strip on the front right of the car before I bought it last week (car has rubbed up on something and popped out the rub strip a bit). So I brought it in as requested yesterday and at the end of the day they said that there is nothing they can do, so I guess I'll have to do it my self. Its a little frustrating. I can see the hook that is pulled out and stopping it from sitting flush. It just needs to be hooked back in to the hole where it belongs. It can't be pressed back in, so I'll pull the bumper, take off the rub strip, and hook it back in. It won't be perfect, because I'm sure the hook was probably stretched a little when it popped out, but I just wanted put back in, which they said they would do. The car wasn't even pulled in to the service bay, so they really didn't even give it a try.

Not a huge deal, but silly stuff like this is largely why the dealership has only ever touched my car if it was warranty. That, and comments like "they bill 6 hours for a timing belt and our good guys do it in 3, so they love it" that I got from the sales guy.

Headlight scuff is just the 3M, so damage here isn't bad. I'll get the paint fixed eventually. I just wanted the rub strip but back in:
          Last edited by stefan; 07-08-2010, 08:51 AM.
          Stefan
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

i've taken my bumper off lots....... very easy, shouldn't take you more then 10 mins

Comment

yea i can never figure out why VW bumpers are SOOOO easy to take on/off and audi ones are like putting together a puzzle where the pieces change every 10 seconds.. i hate that my car for that.. my front bumper is still misaligned

Comment

That's BS if they said they would fix it MAKE them fix it. There is now way you should waste your time doing it when they said they would. My bet is they looked at it and said, not worth our time just tell him we can't fix it.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                  That's BS if they said they would fix it MAKE them fix it. There is now way you should waste your time doing it when they said they would.
                  It will take me less time to fix it than it will take to drive to the dealership, and then I can avoid the annoying excuses too. If it is as easy to fix as I think it will be, I'll pass on my comments. Not that anyone will necessarily care.

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                  My bet is they looked at it and said, not worth our time just tell him we can't fix it.
                  That exactly what they did. They didn't even move the car from where I left it.
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

if you fix it, tell them they owe you a free oil change for the hassles. And get them to pay for Motul 505.01 from us. Bestest oil in ze world

Comment

45min to fix the rub strib
                      Stefan
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Got my Ebay Phatbox running and got the windows to roll up and down with the key fob today.
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Got some shiny new bits for the passat from Natty today...

Also.. took a long time to find this thread. Knew I had one somewhere.

Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I like gooooold!

Comment

Originally posted by Bitzer View Post
                              I like gooooold!

Lol.
                              other than the friggin pinch bolts, install was fairly smooth!
                              Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

That's what I run too Stefan. Love em, just the right amount of road feel without the harshness of coils.

Comment

Working...
                                X