05 Passat Wagon TDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 05 Passat Wagon TDI

I only went for a little rip to make sure everything was ok. I noticed less roll and front to back motion right away. I have Bob mounting new tires on my rotor replicas too, so on Monday I should have everything set up nice. Also have some paint warranty in the works. Will be a new car when all is done .

I'll be doing and injector clean right away too. Have a can of diesel purge ready to go. I made up the tubing and inline filter to run it directly to the engine so it's pretty easy.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Got my new shoes from TireBob today. Thanks Kenny, Lorne, Bob. Always a great tire shop!

I didn't go too crazy with the tire choice. I went with the General Gmax. I've had no issues with General in the past, and the price was good.

Stefan
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Nice,those a are going to look great...tires too
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

hey just wondering what that car kinda went for? Im still driving Alex Popp tdi and thinking it needs a new home. just thinking

Comment

Mine? Have had it for quite a while - price is probably irrelevant at this point.
            Stefan
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well, going to keep this a while, so let's make it a manual!

Parts are starting to come in for 5 speed conversion on the Passat... Most of it is coming from Frans at Dutch Auto Parts. Oil and CV boots from Natty.

Only task I've done so far is to drain the tranny and throw in new oil.
              Last edited by stefan; 04-25-2018, 10:21 PM.
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hopefully you are using OEM C/V boots, they seem to have severely cut back on quality on the aftermarket kits, generally the OEM ones are not that much more either.

Will be awesome!
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                  Hopefully you are using OEM C/V boots, they seem to have severely cut back on quality on the aftermarket kits, generally the OEM ones are not that much more either.

Will be awesome!
                  Hmm - Good to know. I've gone through several since I've had this car.
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hah... And just blew another CV boot! Swapped on my summer wheels today and one winter is pretty oily on the inside of the wheel!

So I'll have an auto transmission up for sale after all this. It has 280,000km. It was serviced with new oil and filter and a flush at 120,000km or so and then serviced again with oil and filter around 240,000km. So in terms of an old used transmission, it has been cared for. The torque converter should not be used. Although I'm driving it now, it has thrown one code for a torque converter fault, and is causing the idle to be a little goofy. It runs fine but for all the work of pulling a transmission, I don't think I'd bother trying to keep running with this TC. I plan on posting a video before pulling it that shows the car ripping through all the gears. It actually shifts beautifully. Probably smoother than the 8 speed tip in my A4 Allroad. I've seen a lot of B5.5 Passat TDIs with blown transmissions over the past couple years, so this might be helpful to someone out there.

If someone wanted to buy, they could swing buy and see it in action before I pull it.
                    Last edited by stefan; 04-30-2018, 09:07 AM.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

5 speed tune ordered from Malone!
                      Stefan
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                        5 speed tune ordered from Malone!
                        Nice Stefan....not too many guys that keep their cars as long as us TDI guys haha.
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

That's true! My second palate is on its way now too. Should have all parts by next weekend.
                          Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

More parts in the mail...

Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

So I got the axles out yesterday. Also lowered the subframe, and pulled the starter and TCM and shifter. Got the pain in the ass torque converter bolts out too. Just need to get the oil cooler lines off and then the transmission should be ready to come out. I did mess up one I've the triple square CV bolts but cut it out and carried on.
                              Last edited by stefan; 05-20-2018, 09:38 AM.
                              Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Transmission out! Pain in the butt...

Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X