Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a turd. So much for PPI's and business ethics

Posting from NYC wifi right now. The short details of it are

PPI missed a TON of issues with this car including the car being put on a life improperly and collapsing the frame into the driver and passenger footwells.

Owner is denying all responsibility and raged out when I tried to talk to him about the issues. Shop that did the PPI is closed until Monday when I ask them why they didn't disclose/find the frame damage, but I'm sure they're going to try and **** me too.

*sigh*

Re: I bought a turd. So much for PPI's and business ethics

thats too bad man.
    "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
    -91 GTI

Comment

boo

Sorry to hear mang
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

frame damage ala accident? or subframe damage?

subframe you can replace.. frame.. ummm.... ??????

did you actually fully purchase it then?

Comment

Ouch, hope it all works out.
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

that sucks. hope it works-out for you.

Comment

lets differentiate quickly between the frame and the floor.
              did they miss a lift or a jack and the floor is simply bulging into the footwell areas, or is the actual FRAME bent. if the frame is bent then thats really messed.
              if its just the floorpan that can be hammered back out
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

OK, so I finally have time to catch my breath in NYC after a fucking terrible 2 days.

I arrived late and the owner picked me up at the airport and we went to see the car, I looked over the car, but due to flight delays it was dark when I was looking at it. The seller had been excellent up to this point and since the car went for a detailed PPI I went ahead with the sale. Mistake #1

In the morning after I had slept my friend and I are checking out the car. The floor mats seem uneven so we pick them up and the floor is uneven. We get under the car and the Metal underneath along with the pinch weld is all crushed and mashed in bulging the floor.

I call the owner and he acts like he's never seen or heard anything about this and has no clue why the PPI didn't find it. I went back to his house to show him the damage and he wont even get down to look at it. He tried to tell me that its "normal" and tons of S4s have this and its no big deal. The he gets crazy defensive and is telling us that this is harassment and he go's to call the cops.

We leave and I try to call the shop, but they're not open until Monday. We try to go into NYC to our hotel and the car starts throwing codes, going into limp mode and then the car overheats and breaks down in front of the Holland Tunnel. Were stuck there for 2 hours while the car cools down, limp it into NYC to our hotel. It's throwing "throttle body malfunction" at us.

I have a second inspection booked for tomorrow with an Audi dealer because now I don't know what else he was dishonest about. I'm going to talk to the shop that did the PPI tomorrow when they open and see why they neglected to tell me that there was bent metal under the car. The car drives like ****, overheats unless you keep the heat on full (its 35+ here in NYC right now) and is generally not what it was made out to be. I'll get photos up eventually, but right now I'm just choked.

I'm going to try and enjoy NYC tonight, but tomorrows going to be BAD when I talk to the shop that did the PPI. I can't even imagine what they're going to say about the damage and why it was "missed".

Comment

There probly going to say it was'nt like that when you brought it in.
                  thats a really bad situation man, hopfully it works out somehow.
                  "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
                  -91 GTI

Comment

overheating!! bad temp sensor or something maybe

as for the floor.. as andrew mentioned.. i've even accidentially mushed mine in a bit misjacking it once.. there is a big beamy looking part under the S that is extremely soft metal that looks strong for a jack but isn't.. that could be the issue..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                      overheating!! bad temp sensor or something maybe

as for the floor.. as andrew mentioned.. i've even accidentially mushed mine in a bit misjacking it once.. there is a big beamy looking part under the S that is extremely soft metal that looks strong for a jack but isn't.. that could be the issue..
                      That's the part that's crushed, but its pushed in so significantly that the floor is all uneven now. Pictures up tomorrow. I'm off to make the best of a bad situation with a good restaurant, and good friends.

Did I mention that NYC has SLAMMING girls everywhere?

Comment

Tell seller that won't pass inspection. Cannot import due to the condition of vehicle. If won't give you cash, threaten lawsuit. Unbelievable how dishonest people are!

Comment

NYC meet?

The heat is crazy isn't it? Freaking nasty hawt these last 2 days.

Really hope you get the matter sorted out.

Comment

what shop did the PPI?

i sent mine to audi even though another shop did all the service on the car. i did it, and paid a little more, because at least as a dealer they are going to be as impartial as possible. they have a mandatory checklist they have to go through, and i knew if thye jerked around with it i would at least have recourse.
                            its also why i requested photos of certain areas of the car.

sucks to hear though.
                            how are you going to get the car back?

it might be cheaper and easier to just throw it on a car transporter. It'll prolly run you $2k, but if **** breaks in butt feck nowhere, its going to be a long tow, + parts + service and that will add up quickly
                            Last edited by RONDAL; 07-25-2010, 06:42 PM.
                            Team Highschool
                            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

FTR I like the idea of threatening the owner with a lawsuit if he doesn't bow to a "won't pass purchase inspection/border clearance issues" line of reasoning for backing out of the sale.

Sh!t like this happens to the best of us... considering how well the car showed in pics I guess it's a classic, "if it seems too good to be true... it is."

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                              it might be cheaper and easier to just throw it on a car transporter. It'll prolly run you $2k, but if **** breaks in butt feck nowhere, its going to be a long tow, + parts + service and that will add up quickly
                              Truth.

Ask me how I know. =P
                              Last edited by PRY4SNO; 07-25-2010, 06:57 PM.
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                              X