• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are studded winter tires illegal?

How much is it to get studded tires?
    2010 Golf

Comment

just buy Nokian Hakka 7's, pre studded from factory, will be the best winter tire available this year.
      Current:
      2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
      2013 VW Jetta 2.5
      Past:
      2005 VW JTI 1.8T
      1993 VW Jetta 2.0
      1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
      1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
      1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

I didn't know they had Hakka 7's, I know about hakka 5's though. Put them on brand new the day of the ice storm last year and did a night of pizza delivery. I was more worried about people hitting me from behind as I could stop and start all night while everybody else around me was sliding and slipping all night.
        The next week was all that crazy snow and the tires performed awesome again. The wife is getting my 1 year old studs and I am getting new ones for my car.
        Is it worth it for everybody no, but I figure with the nasty hill in Kincroa and Shaganappi the studded tires will be used.

Just my 2 cents

Benjamin
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's
        2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

I got some Hankook w404's studded a few years back. Only cost me $20/tire extra. Only thing is you have to do them brand new. You can't have them done after they are used.
          2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

This year I need new snow tires. Not going the studded route this time. Any recommendations???? BTW I have a big hill to climb every day.
            2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Studded winter rubber in Edmonton are most deff the best option to have, then normal all season tires, i will never drive my audi nor any other vehicle again with out, i love the traction and being able to drive like its summer out in the middle of a full fledged winter. The traction on ice, snow and major intersections are awesome , i never once slid or got my traction control to kick in , no matter how much i tried to get it to slip/slide or activate, in 15 years of driving this is my first set of studded and will never drive with out again!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonwermy View Post
                How much is it to get studded tires?
                I paid 100.00 for each studded rubber, mounted and balanced on rims and put on at autobahn performance, dont know brand off hand but they work wonders, like i said no matter how much i tried i couldnt activate the traction control and or slide, well worth the money and safety for the whip,driving and the kids.

Comment

Working...
                X