PD Injector Install. Help Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD Injector Install. Help Wanted

Hey guys, wondering if come spring and warm weather anyone would be willing to help me install some PD130 injectors into my car? I would do it myself but I'm a little wary about working in the head and would feel more comfortable with some experienced help. Thanks guys!

-Cam

Re: PD Injector Install. Help Wanted

Tick tick tick... boom
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

might as well buy a new head and install them in that. i guarantee your injector bores are worn.
      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Thanks Brent... Maybe I should just buy a new head and install them in it, do the cam in a little while as well, probably gonna need it. Maybe i'll just give George a call here.

Comment

Just teasing I wouldn't mind learning how they are changed though.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I wouldn't mind either. I would love to help out.
            Last edited by shconer; 01-17-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Like I said Cam, I have a shop at my disposal from 4:30pm til 8am...everyday...if you want to come out to K-country for the night with your tools and anyone that can help...I want to learn this too!
              Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Cool, sounds like a couple diesel guys are happy to help. A little injector GTG never hurt. I'll see if I can start rounding up parts needed now. Thanks guys, anyone else who's interested we can try and set a day that works for everyone. A shop out in kananaskis sounds like a good drive and nice scenery. I'm
                Not doing it until it's warmish and sunny so no worries there.

Comment

Its not too hard but how many kms on your car ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Its at 150,000 right now. The turbo was done at approx 130 along with the timing belt, and cam inspection. Cars pretty sound as it is. I`m expecting clutch and power systems to fail sooner than later.

Comment

you need special tools to remove the injectors from their bores. and like i said, there will be damage and wear here.

it's a common problem and usually fuel starvation and/or bleed down occur, which results in a hard start situation.
                      this talks a little bit about the bore wear. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=101958
                      i'm too lazy to look for more info and in the end, it's your car, so you can do what you want. i just thinks it's a waste of time and effort to put new performance parts into a worn cylinder head. i would bet that's the reason for stefans new complete cylinder head.
                      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Alright, asked around TDI club about the wear on the head. Everyone said there should not be a problem, and wasn't on their own during the swap, must be the euro models maybe? The hard start problem as far as I've heard comes directly from PD150 injectors. PD130 injectors do not need a re-tune to run properly in the first place, nor do they cause any hard start or stop problems. That comment comes directly from Mark. It sounds like George (geobmx) is willing to lend a shop for a night in kananaskis. So if anyone is interested in making the trek out there is sounds like I'll be doing this.

Comment

Just had all that apart on my Passat. All at the dealer though, so I gained no knowledge about PD injectors... Good luck on the install!
                          Stefan
                          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                          X