Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

yes this looks way better. I like these three!

Harris is my favourite automotive journalist/presenter even over clarkson/hammond/may
    Last edited by Danaldson; 02-07-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
      yes this looks way better. I like these three!

Harris is my favourite automotive journalist/presenter even over clarkson/hammond/may
      ditto!
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Can't wait for this one! These are the three that make me happy for the new Top Gear. Because of Clarkson's punch, we now have two "Top Gears" instead of one
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
          Can't wait for this one! These are the three that make me happy for the new Top Gear. Because of Clarkson's punch, we now have two "Top Gears" instead of one
          Haha. This is so true.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

The new season of Top Gear starts March 5!

Edit: A bit more info... It sounds like they're trying to get closer to the old Top Gear format.

'Top Gear' will return to screens in less than three weeks' time.

BBC Two bosses have confirmed the popular motoring show will make its long-awaited return to the channel on March 5 with a new line-up featuring Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid following the shock departure of main host Chris Evans, 35, last year.

The news was announced on the series' official Twitter account on Tuesday (14.02.17) alongside a photo of the presenting trio surrounded by flash fast cars and a helicopter.

The tweet read: "Confirmed: all new #TopGear launches Sunday 5 March. See you there (sic)."

Producers are hoping the new presenting line-up will give its rival 'The Grand Tour', which is hosted by 'Top Gear's former team Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, a run for its money after the Amazon series only managed to bring in 2.3 million UK viewers last year.

And Matt - who is known for his role in 'Friends' - Chris and Rory should have no trouble putting on a good show as they certainly have plenty on experience after they were brought on board the series last year in order to support Chris before he walked out over the fan backlash he received.

Patrick Holland, editor at BBC Two, told the Daily Star newspaper: "I am thrilled that Matt LeBlanc is returning to 'Top Gear'. He's a huge talent whose love of cars is infectious. I can't wait for the series to return to BBC Two."

And, in a subtle dig at Chris - who walked out just one year into his three-year contract - bosses have decided to wipe all traces of him by ditching the drastic changes he made last year.

The Star in a Rallycross Car segment, which the radio DJ introduced when he took over the hosting duties from Jeremy, James and Richard, has been scrapped, while his beloved Mini Cooper has been replaced with a Toyota GT86 for celebrities to whiz around in.

A source explained to The Sun newspaper: "The GT86 is brilliant to drive but also risky. This time the celebs will be taught by both Chris Harris and The Stig so they will be in safe hands."
            Last edited by CGY_GTI; 02-14-2017, 10:30 AM.
            Scott
            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Scott

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I just finished watching the first episode of the new season. I'm so happy that Evans is gone - LeBlanc, Reid, and Harris work so much better together IMO, and I think their chemistry is nearing that of Clarkson, Hammond, and May. The Stig was absent for this episode, which was a bit surprising... I'm not sure what's going on there, as I never read about anything changing with the Stig.
                  Scott

Comment

I need to find a way to watch it (basic Hong Kong TV is pretty much nothing in English) but the Stig was in the trailers so I think maybe just a break.

Still no global Grand Tour watching yet from Amazon though that was promised months ago.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                      I just finished watching the first episode of the new season. I'm so happy that Evans is gone - LeBlanc, Reid, and Harris work so much better together IMO, and I think their chemistry is nearing that of Clarkson, Hammond, and May. The Stig was absent for this episode, which was a bit surprising... I'm not sure what's going on there, as I never read about anything changing with the Stig.
                      They did mention the Stig and that if it wasn't so crappy / wet out that he would have taken the fxxk around the track.

Show was so much better then anything from S23 ...it's great not having Evans shouting.
                      -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                        They did mention the Stig and that if it wasn't so crappy / wet out that he would have taken the fxxk around the track.
                        Right! I may or may not have been half falling asleep while watching it... lol
                        Scott

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ospital-crash/

More from Jalopnik:
                          Richard Hammond was airlifted to the hospital after a serious crash in an electric Rimac Concept One supercar while filming season two of The Grand Tour, and is said to have luckily suffered “no serious injury.”

Reports indicate Hammond may have fractured his knee in the crash, but managed to pull himself from the car just before it burst into flames after crashing out of the Hemburg Hill Climb in Switzerland.
                          Last edited by stefan; 06-10-2017, 12:38 PM.
                          Stefan
                          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The next season was to air in October so I wonder if this will delay things. Glad he is ok though!!
                            Blair

Comment

Scott

Comment

The full trailer for season 2 of The Grand Tour is here! Starts December 8th.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X