Cars & Coffee - Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars & Coffee - Sundays

Damn that pub is right next to me. Coulda rolled outta bed and swung by.
    Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
      Good turnout to the pub breakfast everyone.
      Who owns the Imola s4? Thing was clean af
      That was me!

Great meeting everyone!

Comment

Yeah good to meet you man!
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Yes that was a good turn out for the pub breakfast. I think its safe to say that most people are in favor of doing the pub breakfast sunday mornings instead of the shitty coffee at second cup. Like Derek mentioned yesterday:

Second cup: Coffee & Muffin = $10
          Pub: Breakfast and Coffee = $10 with lots of good seating.

Should be a no brainer
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Yup I'm in for doing pub from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome turnout and great to meet you e30mclow! beautiful car!

Second the motion for pub breakfast sundays instead of a crappy second cup!!
              ~Tracy~
              MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
              Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Originally posted by VwSweetHeart View Post
                Awesome turnout and great to meet you e30mclow! beautiful car!

Second the motion for pub breakfast sundays instead of a crappy second cup!!
                The only issue with the pub (don't get me wrong, I love a good pub breakfast) but we are an all ages club. As seen at the meet where there was a kid there. August comes to some of the meets as well. We get members coming out that cannot go into the pub, when I first joined I wasn't able to, but I still enjoyed coming to the meets.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Great turnout and much better location. Hard to beat Eggs Benny and car talk to start a Sunday morning (next time I am ordering what Derek had, looked huge). I am all for making this the regular spot, maybe parking along the trees in the lot across from the pub would be better for car viewing part. It is empty most of the time.

Comment

I see your point, but I do not think the club should carter to minors considering it’s only once every so often they attend. I’m sure if someone under 18 would be joining us for coffee, they can easily post and mention it and I’m sure most would be ok to accommodate. Plus the third Sunday of the month is still held at Starbucks.
                    There’s also ice cream meets, Thursday monthly meets, etc which they could attend.

If this is such a big deal, those who have children attending can maybe comment on this or we can take a vote.
                    Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 03-23-2015, 09:36 AM.
                    ~Tracy~
                    MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                    Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Why not mix it up a little, the point more so of cars and coffee is generally parking lot car chat so as the weather is warmer I always thought it was grabbing a coffee and hanging out around the cars. However if you are doing things every week why not do 2 pubs a month, and 2 coffees (Second Cup and the Starbucks) then you have a variety of activities and locations each month.

We did always try to accommodate the younger members and that is why regular meets have always been in a restaurant so I still think that is important but I also think a couple occasions would not make too much difference and people could always plan around the schedule or just creep around the cars while you guys and gals eat breakfast

Just throwing some thoughts in to the mix!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

There is nothing wrong with mixing it up, and I believe those with children or those who are underage should speak up, but there is no reason a majority of us should sacrifice a good breakfast every weekend. As Tracy mentioned, the third sunday is still the starbucks, monthly meets are still at Moxies, and I've never seen an ice cream place with an age restriction. So there are plenty of events that the kids can come out to. I'm down with doing coffee twice a month (once at starbucks, once at a better place than second cup), and then doing pub breakfast twice a month. But either way, there are always improptu meets that ANYONE can organize that can accomodate the kids.

Besides, the sunday meets are at 10:00am. Let the kids sleep in!!!
                        Patryk
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

we also hung out and chat outside after the breakfast for at least half an hour. I'm also gonna agree with pat, if you are underage or have kids that want to come, cast your vote. that breakfast is too good.

Comment

not that I come to cars and coffee much, but going to a pub seems cool to me
                            D R E W

Comment

Damn! I do love breakfast but August is a Bud. I am torn.

Comment

I would love breakfast every week personally. But for the sake of trying to satisfy everyone, my vote would be 2 coffee, 2 breakfasts per month. The breakfasts not being the same week as the monthly meet.
                                Dylan

Comment

Working...
                                X