X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat upholstery

who in town can take this:

and make this:

notice the bolsters and what not. i dont need the blue, mine are all black. please recommend a place, and what you think they will roughly charge. seats have airbags in them, not sure if thats a problem.

i figure this might be cheaper than buying real recaros. i think recaro makes all the seats for vw anyway. and this will yield the same effect.

thanks
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Re: seat upholstery

I think that the airbags would really mess things up, the bolsters wouldn't be as good, but I dunno, upholstry is quite expensive, and I'm not convinced that you would be completely satisfied with the results, I've never heard of it being done before.
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Once at the Hawkwood Carwash, I ran into a kid with a heavily modded Civic. I talked to him for a bit about his car (yes, even some Honda drivers can be cool) and he had completely redone his interior with custom upholstery. This included seats, doors, and roof liner. He told me some shop here in Calgary did it for about $900. The price seems pretty low, but the quality of the work appeared really good. The stiching and workmanship looked pretty OEM (other than the loud-assed colors he picked). Can't remember the name of the shop that did it though
      Derick

Comment

I have read on Vortex that a couple of people have had their bolsters built up and liked the results.

If you find somewhere to do this let me know, cause I also want some custom work done on my leather interior and we could see if they will give us a discount for both
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

This isnt re upholstering the seats, but brand new seats. And for $950 shipped, you could sell your seats now and get the new ones for way less.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1058783
          GIAC v.11, Weitec GT 60mm, 18 inch Borbet Type R's, Forced Motion Turbo Back Exhaust, Forge DV, One-Piece EVOMS CAI, VR6/Sachs Stage 1 Clutch Kit, N75 H Valve, Hella Smoked Taillights, Perf-Cafe Air Scoops.

Comment

Do you really think its possible to sell current front seats for much?
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i've seen people on vortex that wanted to trade the GLI sport seats for regular leathers straight up but the bastards wouldn't ship up here and wanted local (dumbasses) i think its easily possible though kris.. but nobody knows how much to sell them for.. like i could ask 700US or something for my 2 03 fronts and probably get it

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                Do you really think its possible to sell current front seats for much?
                The sale on the seats in the Vortex is actually for both front and rear seats with the headrests. So its actually, not that bad of a price considering earlier in the post someone said it was like $900 approx to reupholster.
                GIAC v.11, Weitec GT 60mm, 18 inch Borbet Type R's, Forced Motion Turbo Back Exhaust, Forge DV, One-Piece EVOMS CAI, VR6/Sachs Stage 1 Clutch Kit, N75 H Valve, Hella Smoked Taillights, Perf-Cafe Air Scoops.

Comment

Have you tried calling DeGreeves? I believe they are on 10th ave.

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Working...
                  X