Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wtf car wash??? never heared of this before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf car wash??? never heared of this before.

Grr.... Finishing up washing up the 2.0 today, i hoped in my car, started to back up but realized i couldn't see anything through my back window. I'm not sure how this could have happened, other than maybe temperature differences in and out of the carwash. i was washing my car like any other time and i didn't let the hose or anything touch my car.

not the greatest picture, but im sure u guys get the point.

anybody seen this happen before?
    anyways, what should i do about this in the mean time? tape it? i'm going to try to use the audi q7 as much as possible while its broken, but i'm going to need to drive it occasionally while my mom is out. Any specific places where i should get it repaired?

On a side note, i am also going to need to get my 100,000km service done as i'm sitting at 95k right now. I'm not under warranty so my best bet is probably tune dub? I'm also not entirely sure what should be done at 100k. timing belt/waterpump? any other odds and ends?

Re: wtf car wash??? never heared of this before.

am i seeing this right? is your entire back window shattered/cracked like crazy???????
    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
    Past:
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
    2004 .:R32 BMP
    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Maybe from extreme temperature difference?
      Justin

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
        am i seeing this right? is your entire back window shattered/cracked like crazy???????
        exactly! im still kinda confused. it wasnt even that cold out side.

Comment

Oh jeez man that sucks! Haven't seen anything like that ever, i have seen it with body work and paint if you take a car that was sitting at -40 and spray it with +40 pressure water water

Comment

Damn that is brutal. I can't think of anything other than the temperature differences like you stated. Which car wash was this at?
            MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

That sucks Danny. The only thing I can honestly think of is temp too. We go there all the time so I doubt it has anything to do with the car wash bay. I never had my full window crack and shatter like that but in the summer I had my car parked in the sun and when I went to wash it, all my rock chips ran and completley destroyed my front window as you saw it before.
              ~Tracy~
              MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
              Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

happened to me. rear defroster shorted out at -20, closed my door and sounded like someone shot a gun, new window my man. ask mom and dad for early xmas gift
                Alex Dewar
                2013 T-Red GLI

sigpic@BuckyVW

Old
                03 Golf CL
                2.Slow

Comment

hmm, i assume its gonna take a couple days for a window to be ordered in. how much they go for? and what kind of tape should i use for a temporary solution lol

Comment

Wow that sucks. I had something similar happen to me on the windshield, it was -40 and I had the vents on full blast to the windshield. I rolled down the drivers window at Tim Hortons and the windshield just cracked in a half circle along the bottom from one side to the other.

Comment

I took out the back window on my Jetta, It was less than $200, you can get used glass, but it's tough to get them out without cutting at least one the defroster lines, I got mine from Graham King at Sunrise Glass (403)651-7164, he is a mobile guy who can do it wherever the car is.

I have seen it happen when the rear defroster gets turned on at -30c, but not at -5.

Comment

Dan, come see me at CAW, we will make sure you get taken care of right, pm me your phone # and I'll get some pricing together for you.
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

wow, never seen that before. Can only assume it was caused by the temperature difference (like stated above) but even then, it wouldn't be that drastic of a temperature change, or at least shouldn't cause something like that to happen.
                          Dubwerkz -
                          E36 325i - Sold.
                          E36 328is - Sold.
                          TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
                          www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
                            I took out the back window on my Jetta, It was less than $200, you can get used glass, but it's tough to get them out without cutting at least one the defroster lines, I got mine from Graham King at Sunrise Glass (403)651-7164, he is a mobile guy who can do it wherever the car is.

I have seen it happen when the rear defroster gets turned on at -30c, but not at -5.

Graham is an awsome guy to deal with used him a couple times and very detail orientated
                            12 Volvo XC 90
                            03 Jetta1.8T
                            95 Cabrio VRT
                            90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Be original. Do a rear window delete
                              Patryk
                              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                              08 VW .:R32
                              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                              X