A taste of whats to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A taste of whats to come...

Yessss, good work Pattycakes. I can't wait to see it!
    TJ
    '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
    '01 Silver S4

Comment

Thanks everyone. Its been a long few years but im happy its back. I couldnt imagine investing that much time and money to see it go up on Kijiji. Hoping for the winter to hold off for a few more weeks so I can bring it out a couple more times. For now, heres some engine pay shots.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Just read this from Start to Finish Fantastic Job so far, I swapped a Euro S50B30 into my e30 in 2009 and had some similar issues, i also ran a Z3 2.7 rack but i used the original power steering pump from the 318IS which my car started out as, i also found that the lollipop connectors on my power steering lines were sucking in air under load and need to replace some seals associated with those, and for some strange reason they would cause the lines to collapse and starve the fluid going to the rack, i replaced the lines with braided items, I cant upload pictures of what ive done as they are all on Photobucket and i cant access them, but i had my whole build Documented on e30owners.com i may have to pay a subscription to get those back,

have you re-enforced the Diff mounts on the rear Subframe?? I managed to pull the Differential off the rear Axle with 300+BHP ...

A little clip of it on the Dyno redlining @8000RPM with 307BHP Full UUC Exhaust system for an E36 M3 modified to fit the e30 tunnel, also cat delete and a Magniflow center section and x pipe, Full custom E36 M3 6 branch hedders,

https://youtu.be/mvs_HI1sk3U
        Last edited by Feens; 10-03-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks man. The hoses for my PS are all new and custom made. Wondering if maybe there is a fault in those. I have not re-enforced the Diff Mounts yet, something I will probably look into over winter as well. Your E30 sounded awesome!
          Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

if any air gets in at all it can cause alot of those symptoms, hopefully yo can get them resolved,
            the noise from that car was infectious to say the least, e30mclow knew my car it was well known in the Irish E30 scene, i regret selling it but i do hope to build another 1 here at some point, s54 or LS3 swap is what id love to do,
            I re-enforced the front subframe, but not the rear until it let go,

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
              Thanks man. The hoses for my PS are all new and custom made. Wondering if maybe there is a fault in those. I have not re-enforced the Diff Mounts yet, something I will probably look into over winter as well. Your E30 sounded awesome!
              I had an issue with the power steering on our van when I used custom hoses. From factory there is a 'silencer' on the hose that will basically suppress noise and pulsation from the pump (or something like that, I never really dug into it...). My problem was noisy pump at idle at all time, a lot worst when cold but not too bad while driving. Factory van pump as well as the G60 were doing the same.
              Might be worth looking at it if you don't find anything else....

Comment

Man this looks awesome! All the hard work has paid off! Can't wait to see this thing in person! Post some fly by vids!!!!
                sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                Past:
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                2004 .:R32 BMP
                2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                  Man this looks awesome! All the hard work has paid off! Can't wait to see this thing in person! Post some fly by vids!!!!
                  theres a few really quick sound clips in my vlog from the other day. The car sounds great.

Comment

Good to know about the hoses. Thanks for that info. Unfortunately my days are limited the remainder of the season of where and how far I can drive it. Until I work all the kinks out, I really don't want to be beating the **** out of it lol.
                    Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                      Good to know about the hoses. Thanks for that info. Unfortunately my days are limited the remainder of the season of where and how far I can drive it. Until I work all the kinks out, I really don't want to be beating the **** out of it lol.
                      How else do you find the kinks? Find them now so you have the winter to sort them!
                      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I just got up to speed on the thread Pat. Awesome job on the swap and I hope to see it soon.

Can I ask what happened to the M20? I may see a 2002 with an M20 swap in my future....
                        Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
                        2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
                        2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
                        2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
                        2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
                        2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                          How else do you find the kinks? Find them now so you have the winter to sort them!
                          You find kinks by driving it like a normal car. You break things by beating the **** out of it. I want it running right before I start breaking it lol.

M20 was sold a couple years back to a guy in Lethbridge who put it into his E30 since his engine had a blown head gasket.
                          Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Can't wait to cruise along side this next summer, Pat! Hoping to have my bimmer back on the road by then too.
                            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Love the attention to the details
                              FB

S2/RS6
                              http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2961

Comment

Hey Patryk,

I know you've not driven the car too much yet, but do you mind sharing some feedback on how you found the booster-less brakes?
                                I'd imagine it was a leg workout, but did it cause any heart stopping moments?
                                Were you able to drive the car without continuously thinking "I'm going to die in the next 10 seconds if the car in front brakes.."

I'm trying to decide what to do with my own..

Comment

Working...
                                X