Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

Following yesterday's teaser, now we bring more photos and additional details about the Volkswagen concept which will be known as the CrossBlue.

Designed especially for United States and Canada, the concept previews an upcoming model which will be positioned between the Tiguan and Touareg. It's based on the MQB platform and is 4986mm (196.3 inches) long, 2014mm (79.3 inches) wide and 1732mm (68.2 inches) tall. The concept has a 2+2+2 seating layout, but VW says the production version will be offered with a 7-seat configuration featuring a three-seat bench positioned in the middle row.

The CrossBlue makes use of a hybrid powertrain consisting of a TDI Clean Diesel Engine producing 190 hp (142 kW) and two electric motors, one at a front with 54 hp (40 kW) and one at the back with 114 hp (85 kW).

The setup includes an electric AWD system and a DSG dual clutch automatic gearbox. If this sounds familiar, it's the same configuration as in the Cross Coupe, but that one had a TSI gasoline engine with 148 hp (110 kW).

When the 9.8 kWh lithium-ion battery is fully charged, the CrossBlue Concept can run in electric mode for 14 miles (22.5 km/h) and offers a total range of 661 miles (1,064 km) with the 18.5-gallon tank filled with ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. In electric mode, it returns 89 MPGe while in hybrid mode it achieves 35 mpg in the combined cycle.

0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) takes 7.2 seconds before hitting a top speed of 127 mph (204 km/h) or 75 mph (121 km/h) when running in electric mode.

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 04-02-2016, 03:25 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

I want!!!

Comment

Can't a regular TDI Jetta or something get that same mileage per tank? ~1000km? AND probably on a smaller tank - 60L is probably the max for a car...?

Is this just good versus other SUVs?

I think its kinda ugly - truck-like
      Last edited by Kor; 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I don't mind it at all. Good replacement for our kiddy-mobile.
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I think it looks great however it definitely resembles the new grand cherokee!
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
            I think it looks great however it definitely resembles the new grand cherokee!
            Being that it's for the North American market I think it was meant to resemble more of the beefier looking SUV's that we get over here.
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Might be a good replacement for the van someday.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

If there was one on the lot I'd buy it today as long as access to the third row is better than in the Q7. Definitely will be looking for this one if/when it comes to Canada.
                Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                  Can't a regular TDI Jetta or something get that same mileage per tank? ~1000km? AND probably on a smaller tank - 60L is probably the max for a car...?

Is this just good versus other SUVs?

I think its kinda ugly - truck-like
                  Yeah this doesn't make sense to me either. 55 litre tank in our jettas. I've gotten 53 mpg put of a tank before. Geobmx has gotten even more out of his TDI golf I believe as well. The 85 MPGe they claim is good. But I'd rather get good mileage from something that doesn't appear on my Epcor bill.

Comment

first the routan, now an ugly, electric, dodge durango. stop making american cars/cars for americans, vw. they are terrible. the cars of today and tomorrow sure do suck nowadays.
                    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I would take this in a heart beat.

To answer a few questions first
                      Jetta has a 14.5G (55L) tank, this has an 18.5g(70L) tank.
                      Jetta weighs 3200 lbs, crossblue if bigger then a q7 weighs past 5500 lbs.
                      Jetta is 57 inches tall and 68.3` wide, crossblue is 68.2` tall and 79.3` wide.

Considering the weight/size difference this thing does really good when it comes to fuel economy. Considering the Audi q7 TDi is rated for 17/24 mpg this thing does awesome when it comes to sipping diesel.

This is almost more like a NA minivan then a 7 seater SUV in terms of engine size and even fuel tank size. My wife won't touch a minivan, but when I showed her this she was all over it. I don't mind as I would rather drive this then a minivan.
                      Ben
                      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                      Her's
                      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
                        first the routan, now an ugly, electric, dodge durango. stop making american cars/cars for americans, vw. they are terrible. the cars of today and tomorrow sure do suck nowadays.
                        Forgive me I'm not a business major.

But isn't VW running a business? As good business owners wouldn't they build a product in order to compete and get a share of that market? VW is already playing catch up with this, and the competitors seem to be doing quite well with their 7 seaters. From my understanding this is still just a concept and no plans for production yet. But from the sounds of it it would be built by, and for North America. Therefore lowering cost of production, and increasing profit. Sounds like a smart plan to me.

I don't foresee this thing being an Edsel, I hope it goes into production. I would most defenetly buy one if I were in the market. Definitely a real contender in its class.
                        Last edited by Hardy_Boy; 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

if this was around when i was looking for my suv last month i woulda checked this out for sure to check out size
                          12 Volvo XC 90
                          03 Jetta1.8T
                          95 Cabrio VRT
                          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

This is still happening, latest pre-production shots complete with fake elements to make it look like something else...

Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Concept looked better?

Comment

Working...
                              X