From China with Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Oh fuq I thought I uploaded the one without the nips, but I guess whatever float you guys' boats haha

I want to make the charger "pop" in the bay, thinking about that good old fashioned Chinese gold plate, or a kujiwara Polish thing that I haven't done in a while, what do you guys think? I'm actually torn between being me or Chinese
    Last edited by kujiwara; 08-19-2016, 04:11 PM.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Gold is too much....I think it would be a waste, at least if you polish it....it has your touch!
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Awesome news on the charger! Gold foil is a negative but I could see the same colour as your valve cover.
        Work - houzz / linkedin
        Play - haldex swap

Comment

It's the only meet I could probably make it to in Calgary this year, but came across many OG eurodrivers and met some awesome new people at menace rides, first jdm meet I've went to but managed to steal some of the vapers' attention. Ft Jay's car classy as usual and Dean's golf with some fenders that I can't see.

And here is the OG Asian MK4 crew, the two helped me massively during engine swap, Chris and his platinum grey 24v gli with my old exhaust and Ken in his reflex silver 24v gli in my old wheels.

Last edited by kujiwara; 08-25-2016, 01:50 AM.
          Current Fleet
          2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

• End of Summer

As summer came to an end, I finally had the chance to test out how the car would do in a relatively high speed autocross course. The course is located at Fort Mcleod Airport, been there sometimes, but never in this car. Was quite nervous, but the results turned out to be very satisfying, the car goes exactly where I want it to, with the help of Bilstein PSS9, 28mm RSB, multiple chassis braces and Wilwood brakes, the car is precise and accurate, with ZERO understeer, and I can rotate it however i want with whatever driving technique, Wavetrac works great at low speed corners, and the camber plate held up great. RE11s were great too but seems like every single other car had RE71Rs, so Ill be getting a set of those for dedicated events(thinking about putting them on my white sparcos).

Went to the town early in the morning and took some photos on the quiet streets.

Autocross

Runs were continuous within the same class so we had to change tire pressure constantly

An interesting find is that I mounted my go pro on my jetta and my buddy's 03 gli, and we were able to see the gap between the front and rear doors by the b pillar constantly change. However, my car with much stiffer suspension setup (which should transfer more stress to the unibody meaning more flex) was deforming much less(less than 1mm) than the 03 with Solowerks which were much softer(doors were pushing out by millimeters). We drive very similarly and I don't believe a subframe brace and a C-pillar brace will make that big of a difference. Maybe the freshly welded rear end which my bodyshop friend guaranteed me to be stronger than stock is actually true if thats even possible.

And we took some much needed roller shots on the way back

After that I left the Jetta in Calgary planning to drive the mercedes around in Vancouver for school so if anything were to get hit again it would not be the jetta.

However, plans changed, my aunt needed a larger car in Vancouver so I gave her the merc, and she gave me her Eos, but since the jetta is just taking up garage space in Calgary and I'm in Vancouver 11 out of 12 months, I decided to bring the car over, during Thanksgiving break, so I could work on it during my spare times.

By then it was already mandatory to have snow tires to travel on the highway, and my old winters were left in Vancouver( they're bald anyways). So I borrowed a set of 15mm wheel adapters from my friend in Van, bought a set of 5x112 18x8.5 Volk Racing G25 Flow Formed wheels with some Russian snow tires to get my car to Vancouver. I planned to sell these in Vancouver where everything seems to worth more, since I don't plan on driving it in winter anyways, so hit me up if you like them!

Well, the trip REALLY happened because I needed to bring the mercs winters over so I could drive that back to Calgary for winter break.

So here you see four 20x11 OZ racing wheels and 275/50 tires, and four 19x8.5 BBS wheels with 235/35 tires all stuffed into on tiny Jetta.
            One large and two small in trunk, three large and one small in rear seat, and the last one on the passenger seat.

Also took a shot with mom's nurburgring weapon.

And it just happened that on the day I was leaving my buddy who works at HPA was also heading back from Calgary to Van in his 600hp R32 with summers, so that was quite a drive.

As the school year just began I still had a little time to explore around so I took the Jetta to every single mountain around Vancouver, and it held up great.

ANNNNNNDDDDDD things went downhill not long after, rain season hit hard and the newly welded on rear end became a fish tank, that is currently being warrantied, but i totally would put a few nemos in there for car shows, and car got HIT again in two spots, driver side quarter panel and passenger side fender, so that's also being fixed at the same time.

Car will be put in storage in White Rock after it's repaired and back on the road in March. While it's parked I got some R32 spindles and control arms I'm debating to put in or not(already have 8 degrees of caster and -2 camber), a custom set of Morimoto projectors and HIDs being made so I could replace those tiny 1.75inch oem projectors, and a few other things in the back of my head I want to do.

As of end of 2016 specs are:
            3.2 vr6 audi bhe, 40000km since rebuilt, 264/260 cammed, ARP bolts, UM custom tune, intake.
            Full 3 inch with cat delete.
            280hp 6700rpm, 250lbft 3000-5000rpm.

1395kg 61.4% weight in front.
            14.08 at 104mph (Will break 13s for sure when I learn how to launch properly, not installing supercharger until I accomplish that because this trap speed is for cars that can run low 13s according to the internet)

Wavetrac, 02M, solid shifter bushes everywhere.
            R32 flywheel, clutch

BFI stage 2 all around
            Oem 1.8t axles
            Solid rubber suspension bushes

Silver project camber plates
            Bilstein pss9
            Autotech RSB 28mm
            23mm GLI FSB
            Eurosport subframe brace, C pillar brace

Wilwood 4 piston forge aluminum caliper
            2 piece rotors with aluminum hat 312x25
            Hawk HPS pads
            Motul 600 BF

R32 seats, pedals
            MK5 GLI wheel
            Skoda Octavia RS shifter, repainted
            P3 gauge
            Kujiline cluster
            Chrome switches everywhere
            Euro stereo with bluetooth audio
            Leather door cars

Needs work:

Classic PSS9 being "too low" noise, gonna use solidworks and cnc machine to fix that
            Headlight needs to be better
            New summer tires, anyone went from Re11 to Michelin PSS?
            Do I need R32 spindles and arms
            Rain visors?
            Badges?
            Custom roof?
            Supercharger?
            Liberty Walk?
            Last edited by kujiwara; 11-22-2016, 04:41 PM. Reason: being jerry
            Current Fleet
            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

looking good jerry. busy end of summer!

Comment

Thanks for the great update Jerry!!
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                  looking good jerry. busy end of summer!
                  Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                  Thanks for the great update Jerry!!
                  Thanks guys! Can't wait to show up at one of the Sunday meets again over winter break
                  Current Fleet
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Your car has come a long way, and looks great!!!!
                    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Amazing update and I love the dedication and love you have put into this thing, and just throwing it out there, those winter wheels look great!!!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i love the winters!
                        ~~TODD~~
                        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Car looks great Jerry, really liking the different spin you're taking with this car.
                          Dylan

Comment

Looks sweet, come back and visit soon man!
                            Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                            ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                            PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                              Your car has come a long way, and looks great!!!!
                              Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Amazing update and I love the dedication and love you have put into this thing, and just throwing it out there, those winter wheels look great!!!
                              Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                              i love the winters!
                              Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
                              Car looks great Jerry, really liking the different spin you're taking with this car.
                              Originally posted by GingerBeef View Post
                              Looks sweet, come back and visit soon man!
                              Thanks guys! Y'all making me want to keep the winters lolol, anyways AirLift Performance is 25% off right now for black friday, not sure if thats enough incentive to give it a try.
                              Current Fleet
                              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I'm planning to attend quite a few driving events in Vancouver this coming year, car is more than ready but currently it can only go to drag nights.. Why? Drags have no noise limits, but road course have an 88db limit, and autocross course has 92db limit. I'm not sure how many of you guys have heard my car in person but I'm pretty sure it's over those limits. My current setup is full 3 inch, cat delete, magna flow resonator and straight through muffler. Is there a muffler that can give let me not lose any flow and power, and the tone of the sound while keeping it under those limits or am I just dreaming?

Ideally I would run a dual muffler with valve controlling which muffler the gasses go to, but I don't feel like chopping my floor pan and tow hook and pay excess of $1000 just so I don't wake up those pretending to be rich and classy old farts at 9:30am 1km away from their property when they actually wake up at xxxxxxx 5am naturally.

And I really like how it sounds right now so preferably I would use a temporary solution just for track days, I've heard of people using steel wools with hose clamp and metal screen at the exhaust tip to tone down the car just for events. Do you guys have any advice about temporary solutions?
                                Last edited by kujiwara; 12-17-2016, 02:15 AM.
                                Current Fleet
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X