From China with Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Have anyone retrofitted heated seats to gli recaros to OEM switches before? Also want to rewrap the them to black leather does anyone know a trimmer that does quality work for a good price?
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Sean has done it. And for the seats, talk to TJ, he was talking about a guy in van that does it.
      Dylan

Comment

Yup i have done that to my GLI. I have a thread about it on vortex, just look up my created threads and I believe it is called "finally!" Contains the wiring diagrams and instructions with pictures on how to take the seats apart.

Comment

PS does money grow on trees for you?? You have so many expensive projects, when I was in university I couldn't manage to save any money for car stuff. I can't believe you can have such nice cars at your age haha

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
            Yup i have done that to my GLI. I have a thread about it on vortex, just look up my created threads and I believe it is called "finally!" Contains the wiring diagrams and instructions with pictures on how to take the seats apart.
            I thought I've seen you do it somewhere a long time ago LOL, i'll definitely take a look at it and bump the thread shamelessly when I'm working on it

PS does money grow on trees for you?? You have so many expensive projects, when I was in university I couldn't manage to save any money for car stuff. I can't believe you can have such nice cars at your age haha
            Nope, I'll be pretty honest here my parents pay for gas and insurance and maintenance. Also they do like cars and are very supportive in many ways such as buying me the tools and towing the Jetta from Vancouver. The vr6 gli was a first car as a gift although i paid a little, the bmw i bought it myself to flip, the cobra was a university gift, and the turbo gli is a replacement car also a birthday gift, but most mods, including the 3.2 I did have to pay by myself simply because the car doesn't need it. PS Being Chinese contributes to this as well hence the title...

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
            Sean has done it. And for the seats, talk to TJ, he was talking about a guy in van that does it.
            Cool Ill ask him, it's probably cheaper in van anyways
            Current Fleet
            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post

Tim @ velocity upholstery. The man is an artist whether it be custom work or retrofitting something as simple as heating elements!
              TJ
              '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
              '01 Silver S4

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                Nope, I'll be pretty honest here my parents pay for gas and insurance and maintenance. Also they do like cars and are very supportive in many ways such as buying me the tools and towing the Jetta from Vancouver. The vr6 gli was a first car as a gift although i paid a little, the bmw i bought it myself to flip, the cobra was a university gift, and the turbo gli is a replacement car also a birthday gift, but most mods, including the 3.2 I did have to pay by myself simply because the car doesn't need it. PS Being Chinese contributes to this as well hence the title...
                Wow Jealous!!

If you have any questions on the seats let me know.

Comment

I thought I've seen you do it somewhere a long time ago LOL, i'll definitely take a look at it and bump the thread shamelessly when I'm working on it

Cool Ill ask him, it's probably cheaper in van anyways
                  Ya know, I appreciate your honesty & candor here. While many are not so fortunate, good to see you being productive with mom & dad's help. All too often, I've seen others squander, and end up with a sense of entitlement.
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Velocity does killer work, always in love when i see what he can do!

Comment

Originally posted by funkin View Post
                      Tim @ velocity upholstery. The man is an artist whether it be custom work or retrofitting something as simple as heating elements!
                      Originally posted by 91wolfie View Post
                      Velocity does killer work, always in love when i see what he can do!
                      Sweet, I just checked out some of his work and he's even done some mk4s, his work seems quite amazing for the price he asks, I think I'll bring my seats to him in the summer after I finish with all the work I have to do!

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                      Ya know, I appreciate your honesty & candor here. While many are not so fortunate, good to see you being productive with mom & dad's help. All too often, I've seen others squander, and end up with a sense of entitlement.
                      Yeah thanks, I do feel very lucky to have such supportive parents which is why i don't want to waste their money and try to do everything myself. I hate the kids who show off the cars which shops built for them with their parents money and brag about how great they are.
                      Current Fleet
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I hate the kids who show off the cars which shops built for them with their parents money and brag about how great they are.
                        One of the best things I have every heard you say!!!

Glad to see everything working out for you and that you don't hide the fact of your parents help. Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing the new ride soon!
                        ~Tracy~
                        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I hate the kids who show off the cars which shops built for them with their parents money and brag about how great they are.
                          Isn't it kinda hypocritical for you to say? Your parents have gifted you ~$40,000 worth of cars, paid for i'm sure $10,000 in insurance, another $20,000 in gas and you spend $15,000 in mods. You put a TON of effort into your car, don't get me wrong, but it might not be in your best interest to start judging people based off of their parents money/parents helping out.

Comment

Isn't it kinda hypocritical for you to say? Your parents have gifted you ~$40,000 worth of cars, paid for i'm sure $10,000 in insurance, another $20,000 in gas and you spend $15,000 in mods. You put a TON of effort into your car, don't get me wrong, but it might not be in your best interest to start judging people based off of their parents money/parents helping out.
                            I guess more specifically I'm targeting those FOB kids at SFU and UBC driving brand new sports cars with chrome wrap and neons. They did make any effort to get them, I at least do my own work, and other people work to get their car. I think it all comes down to how much effort one puts into their car for me.
                            Current Fleet
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

like this!
                              D R E W

Comment