From China with Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Passed you just outside Revelstoke yesterday.. I wasn't in a Euro so went unnoticed..have a good drive.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
      Passed you just outside Revelstoke yesterday.. I wasn't in a Euro so went unnoticed..have a good drive.
      Hmm I wonder what car you were in... Thanks!
      I found out that the replacement transmission tunedub put in came with a LSD LOLOLOL
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

So you have more torque steer yet theres an LSD?

Pat

His
        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
          So you have more torque steer yet theres an LSD?
          Kinda what I was thinking...
          Buy my stuff!
          8v Society#35
          MK4 2.0T
          &
          MK4 24v VR6 GLI

Comment

Yeah I have no idea why but the torque steer is defintely there, tunedub told me it was an alignment issue, but I had no time to align it so I don't know... I have doubts in their assumptions because I never had the problem before the new tranny though.
            Current Fleet
            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I read up more on torque steer, because mk4 axles are shorter on the left side it gets more torque and should pull to the right but now its pulling to the left. Could it be tire pressure or engine and transmission alignment within the engine bay? I'm gonna go check the tire pressure tonight.
              Current Fleet
              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I would think it more has to do with toe alignment of your suspension to be honest. If there was never an alignment after a transmission job then it could cause that. I don't know of any way to do a transmission swap (especially o2m) without having to either drop the subframe or pull apart the drivers side control arm/ball joint to get the axle out of there.
                Not sure i entirely agree with more torque getting sent to the left wheel because of axle length, it would be more up to the output shaft drive gears than the axle length one would think.

Do a rough eye alignment tonight and see if one of the wheels is off significantly. Tire pressure can lead to wandering but it shouldn't affect torque steer that greatly i wouldn't think. Unless you are peeling out significantly both wheels like typical Jerry style

Comment

Well first off I'd like to thank Sean for bring up removal of subframe and control arms, because after some thinking I fixed the problem, completely! I read up more and positive camber on one side will lead to torque steer to that same side too, and so I thought what could alter my camber? Of course, someone must have touched my ball joint, because earlier on in the thread I mentioned that I drilled the ball joint holes on my control arm to gain more negative camber, and to get that camber the spindle must be pulled outwards while tightening, tune dub probably didn't know and didn't pull it. So i gave it a try and it worked! Case closed!
                  Current Fleet
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Glad to hear it gave you a nudge in the right direction Jerry

Comment

Last week torque steer came back, and is acting as if the control arm bushings are dead, went back home during thanksgiving and confirmed that the 30000km old ECSTUNING OEM R32 bushings are shot! Very unhappy dealing with ecstuning recently, defective p3 car gauge that took two month to get back, and "very high quality" so called OEM parts. Left the jetta in Calgary since family is heading back to China and won't need a car, so I took the GL for school. Jetta will get some long needed and well deserved rest, won't be able to see her until christmas, but she'll come back better than ever next spring! So far the things that will be done are tubular control arms with spherical bearings for lots of front camber, a harness bar for my TAKATA harnesses. She could also use some new bumpers, I have a very hard time deciding between Eurogear R bumpers http://pgperformance.com/eurogear-vw...nt-bumper.html , and the GFK"so called fiberglass" bora R bumpers from optiwerks. I have hear both very positive and negative things about optiwerks bumpers, but never found anything about the Eurogear bumpers. Currently I'm more biased towards the Eurogear bumpers for the fact that they are ABS plastic like the OEM ones, also for the fact that they used photos of their own product while optiwerks did not. OEM bumpers are out of the question since they don't fit very well and is overpriced. MK4 gurus please help me decide on one...
                      Last edited by kujiwara; 10-15-2014, 07:30 PM.
                      Current Fleet
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

My vote goes to keep the bumpers you've got. Repaint them if need be and you could add GLI valences if you really wanted to switch it up.
                        Dylan

Comment

• From China with Love

Own or bust. R bumpers are meant to be on r's, Not jettas
                          Last edited by Danaldson; 10-15-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

that bumper is funny lookin.

like f&f 1 funny.

Comment

Jerry, buy local, bushings would have been warranty no problems. The tubular front control arms are great but GET THE BOOTS!!!! Also let me know when the order is going in, guessing you are ordering from IDF? I need a couple things, would be nice to combine.
                              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                                Jerry, buy local, bushings would have been warranty no problems. The tubular front control arms are great but GET THE BOOTS!!!! Also let me know when the order is going in, guessing you are ordering from IDF? I need a couple things, would be nice to combine.
                                I'll be getting them from USRallyTeam or Bagriders (just figured the arms are made by IDF, so i'll go with which ever has the lower shipping cost). I have continental extreme contact dw which works pretty well.. Yeah I'll let you know for sure.
                                Last edited by kujiwara; 10-15-2014, 10:39 PM.
                                Current Fleet
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X