Kenny's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New UrS4

nice what did you go with OEM again or 034 or stern?

Comment

Went with oem replacements. 034 have a bad rap for the urs with splitting. And I don't think stern makes them for the urs.
      2016 VW GTI (Stock)
      2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
      1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
      2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

I think I found my oil leak, I replaced my oil pressure switch today...total pita but got it done. Found out I need less fat fingers. Lets hope that was the issue.
        2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

today was a semi productive day, diff fluid change, tranny mounts changed, and coolant flush...I think.

I followed the below diy for coolant flush with the advice from Austin and buddy dustin. I know the urs is a 9L coolant system. I drained 4ish L from the rad with it being at operational temp ( car was off) weird I thought. then I flushed with about 8L distilled water till the stuff coming out was clear. filled with G13 coolant. I was only able to get 4ish L in, same as I drained. wtf? did I miss something here?
          http://www.urs4faq.info/g11g12-coolant- ... procedure/

on the plus side, tranny mounts were ok. changed anyway. pass side had a little tear and was twisted a bit. dvr side was normal. the diff fluid was pretty dark, and thick. ( no jokes ) I used fuchs 75-90 gear oil in the diff. let me tell you, filling a diff sucks... I was on ramps in my drive way and it was taking forever.

any advice on the coolant issue would be great guys, just wanta make sure shes ok for winter.
          Last edited by morris400; 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM.
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

No coolant issue, you only actually removed 4L of fluid. The flush until clear was removal and replacement of 5L. If you had flushed, then pressurized the system while leaving the lower rad hose open you could have pushed all the fluid out and then you would have replaced it with coolant.

You may want to check the strength of you coolant to be sure you will be protected against sub -20C temps.

Worst case scenario, I would drain off the 4L from the rad again and fill with pre-mix again, that will get you closer to the suggested %, maybe about 20% shy
            Last edited by Mantis; 10-06-2013, 06:00 PM.
            I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Coolant is good to -35 @ 50/50 mix. Just the amount of coolant in is what worries me, old audis are confusing.
              2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

By my math you currently have 22.2% coolant in the system, if you drain the rad and refill just the 4L into the rad you will be left with a 34.5%mix, this is all based on you using 50/50 pre-mix. If you drain the rad and refill with a 75% mix you would end up with a 45.6% mix

I hope I have confused you enough. The only thing you need to know is that based on your post above and based on your using of a 50/50 pre-mix you currently do not have enough coolant in the system
                I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

I'm kinda board so thought I'd update for the sale of updating. I fixed the coolant issue...and brushed up on math lol. Lost a headlight sprayer :( car now sitting at 224km now and still amazing.

If anyone knows where I could get a headlight sprayer for a urs please let me know.
                  2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Ask Tyson... he might have some spares laying around.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Ahhhh....I'll text him.
                      2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

**** you spark plugs!

After 2 days of trying to figure out why car won't start....took out the plugs and found this.

No she starts.
                        2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

^

Last edited by R_Ethug; 02-25-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

just how mine looked when the 02 sensor failed mil light only came on when the sensor was unpugged.

try these plugs next time expensive but they work well.
                            http://store.034motorsport.com/f5dpo...lug-20722.html

Comment

^^^ And have a documented high rate of failure.

NGK ftw.
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

really never heard that, they work great for me i am running the 2.0t coil conversion though,don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X