This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Message Board Etiquette

Thanks for posting this up Rod!! A lot of off topic things going on these days which happens every so often, but respect is key so please think before you post as we want to keep this place the way it has been for over 10 years now, a fun and valuable local community.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Seems like the forum is experiencing some off-topic/aggressive posts lately so I thought a bump up to this thread is warranted. Mods will be exercising their delete buttons and PM's over the next while to rein this in.

Remember friends (and yes I consider all ED members friends) play nice!
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

^This. if you have any issue PM Rod and myself.

Comment

A reminder again to everyone to observe etiquette on the boards and use a proper level of respect to peoples comments and queries. A post may not be exactly in your view but attacking the poster is no way to continue the conversation, please keep things respectful and civil.

Thanks!

Blair, Ryan and Rod
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

In regards to some comments in the classifieds I would like to post a few comments as mentioned in the recent B5 S4 FS sale thread and the reference to Bimmerpost classified rules; those rules are implied which we remind people of from time to time, if you are not interested in the item for sale, keep moving....

We all know the asking price of a car is generally a starting point, selected by the seller for what he or she thinks the car is worth. We also all know that a car very rarely goes for this price but is used to generate interest and leads to make a sale. Just like most things economic selling a car is partially based in supply, demand and timing, so unless there are two identical cars for sale at the exact moment in time the relation of prices is only that a relation and not a guarantee. I know some people are trying to be helpful on the price and that really comes down to whether the seller is looking for opinions or not, but perhaps those kind of comments are best left for PMs and please remember to deliver them respectfully.

The purpose of the classifieds is to help people buy and sell cars and parts, in which I think over the history of this forum has helped a considerable amount of items to be moved, but if you are not interested in an item than you can just leave the thread alone or perhaps help with a simple Bump or GLWS to make sure the items are seen by those that are interested and let those parties deal with the negotiations.
            Blair

Comment

Why are some people so butt-hurt around here? Its ridiculous.
              By no means limited to ED, but a total pussification of the younger generation. You dont like what someone says? Move on, grow the fuc-k up and stop fucking pouting. Mods arent here to hold your hand and be your Mom and Dad, nor should they be. Seems like every second day someone is fucking whining about something or someone and its annoying as hell. I know Im not the only one thats been here for a while that feels the same way. The only evidence I need to show is the shear number of older members that were regulars that no longer participate. IMO its the sole reason why this community and many others have gone to hel-l. Not everyone is going to like your s-hit, nor do they have to. Its not any of our jobs to blow sunshine up your ass; your parents have apparently already done too much of it.

With that, Im showing myself the door.

Happy driving.
              Last edited by R-Audi; 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                By no means limited to ED, but a total pussification of the younger generation. You dont like what someone says? Move on, grow the fuc-k up and stop fucking pouting. Mods arent here to hold your hand and be your Mom and Dad, nor should they be. Seems like every second day someone is fucking whining about something or someone and its annoying as hell. I know Im not the only one thats been here for a while that feels the same way. The only evidence I need to show is the shear number of older members that were regulars that no longer participate. IMO its the sole reason why this community and many others have gone to hel-l. Not everyone is going to like your s-hit, nor do they have to. Its not any of our jobs to blow sunshine up your ass; your parents have apparently already done too much of it.

Happy driving.
                As a daily reader and seldom poster (ps: younger generation) I say HEAR HEAR!
                Tim
                Golf 1.8T GTI MKIV

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post

Happy driving.
                  i agree. and i think it was when they got rid of bullying. this summer i had a wasp problem, still after removing the nest. i put up one of those cheap, fake nests to shoo them off. it worked great. no one likes wasps. neither do other insects. it's because they are bullies, of the insect world. but i had all these new bugs coming in. red wasps, other bugs that started eathing my plants, in essence, changing the whole eco system of my yard. **** sucks. now the wasps are back and we are all forced to "get along" in the yard, and no one is happy. i guess what i['m trying to say is, we need bullies in the world. whether we like them, or not.

O'Doyle rules!
                  you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

It's a fine line, some cross it all the time just so they can be assholes, some others just think their opinion is more valid than anyone else's and some people are just right or wrong.
                    PS almost 10 years of posting woot... I mean where the **** has my life gone!
                    Last edited by Stonewall; 08-23-2013, 11:59 PM.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                    X