Rs4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rs4...

My God, I was complaining when I only got 700km out of the TDI golf...

Comment

Hahaha Derek, I don't think I've ever gotten 275 on a tank. Guess I didn't drive mine hard enough in the city

Hit 450-460 a few times though, but I feel it could be the gas. Shell V-Powa always gave good smiles per gallon.

Comment

Just filled the golf r today and it’s at 597km. Driving the rs4 I saw 19.1 L/100km I almost choked. Haha good times though.

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
          Holy **** 420 km's? I didn't even get that with my golf R!!!!
          Elephant feet!
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Thats the funny thing. I typically drive like an old lady. Again, 95% of my commute is 1st and 2nd gear, down bow trail, through down town. Will usually get into 3rd and maybe 4th gear once I hit Memorial. Thats why my fuel economy sucks so bad!
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

You drive down Bow trail in second gear? It must doubt like a formula one practice session when your headed to work lol j/k. I assume it’s bumper to bumper traffic then.
              Last edited by jacktown; 03-15-2018, 11:07 AM.
              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Well in the winter its pretty much bumper to bumper all the way to downtown! Sucks!
                Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Need a bigger tank!!

On the highway I can get 800 km in my RS6 as long as I keep it under 120 with the occasional spirited pass... in town I average around 450-500 km/tank which is around 80 litres.
                  FB

S2/RS6
                  http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2961

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                    Just filled the golf r today and it’s at 597km. Driving the rs4 I saw 19.1 L/100km I almost choked. Haha good times though.
                    For your own health danno, please promise me you won’t buy a X5M. You wil choke... a lot. LOL

Anyhow, why are we talking about mileage on an RS4 in the first place? A C63 AMG is worse and an E92 M3 ain’t much (if any) better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Rob
                    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Haha ya it was just a reminder of the new technology in cars. I’d be willing to say the golf r is almost if not as fast as the rs4. And gets 8l/100km.

Ordered up my fast batch of parts. Rotors, pads, filters and clutch switch. Next step will be adding a camera and headunit most likely. I need the camera for the safety of the kids.

Comment

Did you go with OEM rotors and pads? How is the suspension? I'm assuming the DRC has been replaced already at some point. Any clunking? Mine clunks a little bit so I think new control arms are in my future.
                        Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Ya I went oem rotors with hawk 5.0 hops pads, I’m not a fan of going aftermarket rotors. I have zero clunking, but the most recent service says there is some wear in the bushing I think. Ya the drc was recalled, my rear looks to be sitting a little low. I measured to the fender and one was 1/4” lower i think, so maybe there is something going on. I wouldn’t mind going coil overs in the future just not right now.

I’ve still had next to no time to play with the car, but I wanted to see how the clear bra would come off. Thankfully it didn’t peel the paint. Pretty sure I’m not going to put anything on. I see some rock chips where there was none and I’d rather do a repaint of the front end in the next couple years. Maybe it’s a bad move, what do you guys think??

Comment

Congrats, man!! Love Ibis RS4's. Wonder if that's the same car I sold back in 2008. Was it a dentist that you bought it from?

You should bring it out to breakfast this Sunday!
                            2008 Audi RS4
                            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

I’ve still had next to no time to play with the car, but I wanted to see how the clear bra would come off. Thankfully it didn’t peel the paint. Pretty sure I’m not going to put anything on. I see some rock chips where there was none and I’d rather do a repaint of the front end in the next couple years. Maybe it’s a bad move, what do you guys think??
                              I’m of the same thinking as you. I’m a big fan of protecting the front-end but if there’s already rock chips then I’d resign myself to waiting until it had it repainted. If it’s not bad then I’d enjoy it as it is for the time being. Perhaps you could look in to one of those relatively inexpensive bras for the winter months?

Has the bumper ever been repainted? I ask because I find that plastics typically damage and chip much easier after they’ve been prepped for repaint.
                              Last edited by jacktown; 03-16-2018, 10:50 AM.
                              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
                                You drive down Bow trail in second gear? It must doubt like a formula one practice session when your headed to work lol j/k. I assume it’s bumper to bumper traffic then.
                                The damn thing red lines at 8000 RPM, might as well use all of it.
                                Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
                                2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
                                2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
                                2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
                                2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
                                2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Working...
                                X