Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rs4...

Originally posted by danno View Post
    My drc appears to be ok, the back is riding a little low IMO. Brakes are done thanks to a quick stop to CAW for some new pins.

Head unit is next on the agenda of course I forgot to order part of my harness so I think I will just splice it. The harness cost almost as much as the head unit.

Car is looking good now, I had left a little 3m on but I took it off. I still have a bit on but it’s in a good spot. Waxed and resdy to go.

Depends on what is needed, but I found Crutchfield.ca really good if harness and steering wheel remote accessories are expensive. They never have good sales on the head units but all accessories are 50% off with head unit purchase. For the last stereo I did, it worked out to be a better deal than an on sale head unit with full price accessories in town.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Ya true it was all the extras that drove the price up. I guess I included the dash kit as well in that price. I ordered through enfig and it looks like a good product, gotta see if it installs good though.

Comment

Does your RS4 have the glovebox cd changer or the ipod connector?
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Yes glovebox changer not sure about the iPod where is that located.

Comment

You either have a changer or Ipod!
            Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
              You either have a changer or Ipod!

Ahh that’s nice to know. Got them both washed and waxed. Through the petoria wheels back on the golf. Wife now hates me and my cars. Next weekend I’m on call so I can’t leave my house so I will do my headunit. [emoji6]

I’ll get some better pics if I ever go out. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Car looks great man!!!
                Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Any car audio gurus out there??

Hooked up my new headunit, I was getting sound then I plugged in my phone to test Apple car play and the sound turned off and will not return. I moved no cables while I plugged my phone in. I feared I blew my bose amp somehow but I returned the original headunit and sound still works.

So basically I have zero sound with my pioneer headunit. The harness is supposed to be good with the bose. I will be contacting the supplier ASAP but just checking with you guys first.

Comment

Got some more time in and it’s fixed just had a extra blue wire in my splice and the bose didn’t like it I guess.

Comment

• Rs4...

Happy with the new headunit, wish it still looked factory though but happy to be able to listen to music again.

Last edited by danno; 06-07-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Damn! Good morning and that looks awesome!

Comment

white looks so damn good on the rs4! Nice work on the headunit. The b7/b6 is one car that aftermarket headhunts look pretty good in because its so square.

Comment

As good as it can. It’s nice to appreciate the golf r unit and the modern tech. Windows look super dark in that picture too, they are dark but not that dark you can’t see in. I’m still waiting on the camera to come in too.

Waiting to see what I do for cars then I’ll start getting some mods for the rs4. Really want to get some exhaust.

Comment

Fuel economy is awesome for some reason, at 390km still have 150km to go. I mostly drive deer foot but still amazing considering my last rs4 was getting 420km max.

Now this leads me to a problem, I had a go with my buddies focus st on the way home from ball. Well it didn’t go so well, he was right there almost the whole way. Any ideas?? Other than carbon clean. Could I be tuned for 94?? I had a tank of 94 in for my first tank and it felt real fast, maybe it was the sound and getting used to the v8 again.

Comment

Not the rs4 but cleaned the golf r.

Trying to figure out what I need to purchase this winter for the rs4.
                                Tires, spark plugs, cabin filter, oil change. Hopefully the wife lets me buy exhaust too.

Comment

Working...
                                X