No announcement yet.

Paint/Body Work Questions Answered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint/Body Work Questions Answered! (Cosmos)

Originally posted by bart View Post
    how much to paint entire mk4 golf
    Paint and materials at cost would be around $1200 (rough estimate) I am not sure how long it would be to get all te prep/bodywork done. Give us a call and a estimate will get done up right away!
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

What do you figure this is worth? From a hit and run in a parking lot :(

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post

What do you figure this is worth? From a hit and run in a parking lot :(
        PM'd
        Evan

Comment

Wondering what the ballpark cost would be on having a front bumper from a B7 A4 painted? It's not on the car, No damage, just paint, I'll install it myself. I live outside the city, otherwise I'd just swing by the shop for an estimate but a rough estimate will save me a trip! Thanks.
          2006 Audi A4 Avant, 2.0tQ, 6spd, Dolphin Gray

Comment

Originally posted by drewgold View Post
            Wondering what the ballpark cost would be on having a front bumper from a B7 A4 painted? It's not on the car, No damage, just paint, I'll install it myself. I live outside the city, otherwise I'd just swing by the shop for an estimate but a rough estimate will save me a trip! Thanks.
            Hey, sorry I didn't see this right away.. If I'm not mistaken it would be around the $1000 mark. I will try to remember to check for you tomorrow, and I will see if grey needs to be blended to match it properly. (I don't think you need to with grey)
            Evan

Comment

Where can I get body adhesive to re-attach a loose corner on my rear spoiler? I'm also thinking I'll use this to re-mount my side skirts as the double sided tape didn't hold as well as I'd have liked last year.
              Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
              hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
              sigpic

Comment

Was it the 3m double sided trim tape that failed? I use that stuff a lot and have never had it pop off again. Its holding on side skirts on my mazda with literally a mm or two of contact surface along the skirt edge and it has been like that for some time now. If that isn't the tape you were using, I'd try it. Calgary body shop supply should have it. If it is what you used, I'm sure they have other options too.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned View Post
                  Where can I get body adhesive to re-attach a loose corner on my rear spoiler? I'm also thinking I'll use this to re-mount my side skirts as the double sided tape didn't hold as well as I'd have liked last year.
                  Canadian Tire. The Scotch double sided tape, it's black with red peel off stuff. It's the same stuff we use in our shop just says scotch instead of 3m but it's the same company. You shouldn't need any adhesion promoter (I used this stuff to tape my door mouldings and it works fine) but of you see some pick it up and apply it before the tape! Makes it stick that much better! Just make sure everything is clean and dry!

And Stefan is correct that is the go-to stuff. However you can pick it up at Canadian Tire it just doesn't say 3m!
                  Last edited by hooddub; 04-26-2014, 10:40 AM.
                  Evan

Comment

Yeah, it was 3m heavy duty. Red plastic transfer paper as you described. I also cleaned the car and skirts with goo gone, then sips and water, then 90% isopropyl alcohol. Will try clay bar in the spring I guess and try to find some adhesive promoter.
                    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was 3m heavy duty. Red plastic transfer paper as you described. I also cleaned the car and skirts with goo gone, then sips and water, then 90% isopropyl alcohol. Will try clay bar in the spring I guess and try to find some adhesive promoter.
                      Odd.. The best advice I can offer would be to make sure it's all dry and use the adhesion promoter. Sometimes it doesn't stick if it's not all perfectly clean and dry so test the adhesion by pulling/pushing on the tape before mounting. If it's loose at all or slides when you push on it, you'll have to redo it.
                      Evan

Comment

I could not get the double sided tape to work on my GTR either. Seemed like there was too much pressure on the piece to allow the tape to hold.

Comment

Feel free to drop me a PM and I can look at anything you guys are having trouble with in person. (You'll have to bring tape I don't have any )
                          Evan

Comment

I find using a heatgun works the best on those trim pieces
                            Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Found this gem today. Some kind of outward dent and the paint chipping off all around it. Looking to get it fixed as it'll drive me nuts knowing it's there waiting to chip some more paint. Any insight is appreciated! Also have some other stuff needing a look at so I'll most likely swing by and get an estimate.

Last edited by Fated; 05-29-2014, 10:17 PM.
                              Evan
                              08 R32
                              88 Golf (soup kitchen)

Comment

I see a fender rolling in your future! Thats from the tire hitting the fender on a big bump.

Comment

Working...
                                X