Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Also yay for roof racks! So much room for activities!

Also lost my tow hook last winter... awd doughnuts in the snow are a lot of fun. Anyways, the new one didn't match - At all.

So figured since there is no more stone grey on the front of the car, might as well get rid of the rest on the back of the car. Subtle change, but better none the less.

2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

looks sweet!

Curious if these sound similar to a R32?
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
        looks sweet!

Curious if these sound similar to a R32?
        It's close but not identical, exhaust on the A3 is a bit different. But The layout is almost the same.
        Once I get an exhaust it will sound a lot closer.

Or round up ten grand and do this.

One day maybe.
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Ooh delivery day!!

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Projector fogs? Tough to through the Instagram "bullsiht" filter lol
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
              Nope just regular fogs with nice clear lenses.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

hahah, alright let me swap that out for a regular picture... just easy to copy the url from that instead of double uploading... aka I was being lazy.

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                Nope just regular fogs with nice clear lenses.
                Correct! Nice glass lenses too Wasn't sure what I would be getting since I paid a whopping 66 dollars plus a bit of shipping for them. I love German Ebay.
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Can't a guy just get new glass lenses for cheaper?

That's what we do with the RS2 projector headlights, they're 400euro on a group buy (if you're lucky) to replace the whole unit... so glass at 1/8 the cost is a no brainer.

Comment

Whoops double post.
                    Last edited by Ponto; 11-05-2013, 12:58 PM.
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                      hahah, alright let me swap that out for a regular picture... just easy to copy the url from that instead of double uploading... aka I was being lazy.

Correct! Nice glass lenses too Wasn't sure what I would be getting since I paid a whopping 66 dollars plus a bit of shipping for them. I love German Ebay.
                      Haha, IMO Instagram is for girls to tell their BFFs about their mocafrappaskinnylatte and new nails lol, just sayin'

We'll have to compare notes on local suppliers, I have a few good contacts and I'm sure you would too.

Comment

Can't a guy just get new glass lenses for cheaper?

That's what we do with the RS2 projector headlights, they're 400euro on a group buy (if you're lucky) to replace the whole unit... so glass at 1/8 the cost is a no brainer.
                        The original ones seals went over the winter so the reflectors have some rust on them now from being full of water.

Also I wouldn't run projectors in reflector housings
                        Last edited by Ponto; 11-05-2013, 01:00 PM.
                        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Efff wtf is going on... tried to change a post, then it does a new post, then it edits an old post...

anyways.

There are a ton of car people on there... some good pictures. Long as its not food.

And for sure! I know of a few places to get some good stuff from there. Shipping wasn't even that bad. Think the headlights in total were 90 dollars.
                          Last edited by Ponto; 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM.
                          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Nice to have new gear, they look especially sharp in that pic

Also I wouldn't run projectors in reflector houysings
                            I was asking if they were projector housings

Comment

Nice to have new gear, they look especially sharp in that pic

I was asking if they were projector housings
                              Ah gotcha!! Nice save haha.
                              And yeah I just need to pick up some clear 3M then I can put them on!
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And yeah I just need to pick up some clear 3M then I can put them on!
                                I'll need some of that for my new RS2 lights, if you want to go halfers LMK.

Comment

Working...
                                X