Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V60 and S60 Polestar, would you buy one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V60 and S60 Polestar, would you buy one?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...cago-auto-show

What do you guys think? In Canada, we're getting 12 cars, I'm not sure if that's 12 cars total or 12 of each model. Priced at $64,895 for the S60 and $66,895 for the V60.
    Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Re: V60 and S60 Polestar, would you buy one?

I've been looking at upgrading from my Passat wagon to another wagon and came across this a couple days ago. I love the new look of the v60 but with the price tag of mid $60 g's I will not be interested in the polestar edition. Even the t6 is priced in the upper $50 grand range. They say that we will have a choice of the t5 awd and the t6 awd with a 4 cylinder being offered in only fwd(not sure if all of this is 100% accurate), and that the t5 is starting to be phased out. I wonder if the 4 cylinder engine will come with the option of awd? Also, the car has less interior room than my Passat so I'm not sure how the kids will like the reduction in the back seat. I do think that the smaller dimensions of this car with the t6's 345 hp would be more fun to drive than my 2.0t!

Comment

Originally posted by Bitzer View Post
      I've been looking at upgrading from my Passat wagon to another wagon and came across this a couple days ago. I love the new look of the v60 but with the price tag of mid $60 g's I will not be interested in the polestar edition. Even the t6 is priced in the upper $50 grand range. They say that we will have a choice of the t5 awd and the t6 awd with a 4 cylinder being offered in only fwd(not sure if all of this is 100% accurate), and that the t5 is starting to be phased out. I wonder if the 4 cylinder engine will come with the option of awd? Also, the car has less interior room than my Passat so I'm not sure how the kids will like the reduction in the back seat. I do think that the smaller dimensions of this car with the t6's 345 hp would be more fun to drive than my 2.0t!
      They are both pretty expensive but when you compare them to the competition, especially when comparing the S60 Polestar with the S4 and 335XI, it's very competitive.
      Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Comment

I doubt the dealers (at least the lucky 12 that get the Polestar's) will be letting them go at MSRP.
        Last edited by stef2.7t; 04-20-2014, 06:56 AM.
        -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
        '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 855 T5-R

Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It may just be me but the original wagon from 20 years ago looks better than the new one
            sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
            His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
            Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
            Past:
            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
            2004 .:R32 BMP
            2001.5 Noggy blue s4
            2000 VW GTI 1.8T
            1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I agree with Ben. Bring back the boxy wagons. The 855 T5R came in a manual too (only in Canada I think). Good luck finding one though.

Comment

Polestar related

Volvo cars buys Polestar .

http://www.swedespeed.com/news/Volvo...0-of-polestar/
                12 Volvo XC 90
                03 Jetta1.8T
                95 Cabrio VRT
                90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

I saw a V60 Polestar a few weeks ago in Airdrie. I think it was the only one Valentine received. Edmonton's S60 Polestar is up for sale: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/e...ationFlag=true

Comment

Working...
                  X