This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, this sucks

Washed my bimmer today only to notice this on my driver side passenger door... I know the car was hit there before by a shopping cart (rammed I guess), but I figured the original paint work would have been professional. Not such crap that it peels and rusts a year later...

Anyone have any good ideas where I should take her to be fixed and how much it's gonna run me? I want it done right so it never has to be done again...
    Last edited by ToXicXxX; 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM.

Re: well, this sucks

This is OG paint?! that clear looks super thin.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
      This is OG paint?! that clear looks super thin.
      No, the door has been repainted due to damage from the cart. Whoever repainted it needs to be shot.

Comment

Brought my car into Cosmos, talked to Evan and Lok, definitely going to have it done there. Lok even pointed out a bunch of stuff I couldn't notice. Great guys!

Comment

Excellent news!!! I look forward to seeing the e90 in here! And as for noticing other stuff.. Yeah it actually kind of sucks working with paint because now I notice EVERY flaw on my car and once you see it you can't un-see it! Lol and loc has an even better eye for it
          Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
            Excellent news!!! I look forward to seeing the e90 in here! And as for noticing other stuff.. Yeah it actually kind of sucks working with paint because now I notice EVERY flaw on my car and once you see it you can't un-see it! Lol and loc has an even better eye for it
            I got my quote back from him... Might not be going to you guys... I would like to, but it's $1000 more then Calgary Coachworks! I talked to Loc about it and he won't really move on it.
            Last edited by ToXicXxX; 03-10-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

calgary coach works is good, they did good work on my dads bmw when he got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
                calgary coach works is good, they did good work on my dads bmw when he got hit.
                Has the work lasted? Im paranoid my car is going to get half assed like it obviously did before.

Comment

seems to be, i think he got it done like mid-late summer. Bumper looks fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
                    seems to be, i think he got it done like mid-late summer. Bumper looks fine to me.
                    Well the original incident on my car was 4 years ago... It's just started to show it's nature now.
                    Last edited by ToXicXxX; 03-10-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Kyle, Calgary Coachworks operates as a flat rate shop. I'm not saying they are a bad shop or a good shop however, as Loc and I discussed with you, flat rate shops quote you for 10 hours and try to rush it to do it in 5 etc.. No it won't show when you pick it up, it will be ooohh and aaaahh but in another 4 years you will be back there. We warranty all of our work as long as no one else touches it after we are done with it (aside from touch ups and the like) and yes we may be quoting you $1k more but there is a reason for it. Just something to consider. Also, I sweet talked Loc into knocking $100 off because he likes me good luck with wherever you choose to go!
                      Evan

Comment

Not a fan of coachworks myself. Got the Evo repaired after some dude in a honda keyed it..... while my bother was still in the car. Came back with an inch long drip, sent it back, they said that they would respray it. Came back and at very specific lighting you can see the hologram left from where the drip was. Obviously not repainted.
                        Last edited by GingerBeef; 03-12-2014, 12:46 AM.
                        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                          Kyle, Calgary Coachworks operates as a flat rate shop. I'm not saying they are a bad shop or a good shop however, as Loc and I discussed with you, flat rate shops quote you for 10 hours and try to rush it to do it in 5 etc.. No it won't show when you pick it up, it will be ooohh and aaaahh but in another 4 years you will be back there. We warranty all of our work as long as no one else touches it after we are done with it (aside from touch ups and the like) and yes we may be quoting you $1k more but there is a reason for it. Just something to consider. Also, I sweet talked Loc into knocking $100 off because he likes me good luck with wherever you choose to go!
                          Ended up getting a quote from Screamin Paint works for 2200. I know for a fact they do amazing work, so I will actually be going with them. Might be able to get more deals since I know their Sico rep pretty well.

They also warranty their work for life.

I really would like to give you guys business, but I still have to find a way to budget summer rims in, let alone pay for body work... Can't drive on my winters all year haha
                          Last edited by ToXicXxX; 03-12-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
                            Ended up getting a quote from Screamin Paint works for 2200. I know for a fact they do amazing work, so I will actually be going with them. Might be able to get more deals since I know their Sico rep pretty well.

They also warranty their work for life.

I really would like to give you guys business, but I still have to find a way to budget summer rims in, let alone pay for body work... Can't drive on my winters all year haha
                            Fair enough, no hard feelings! I figured the estimate would be a little lower than it was however we do have a higher price point than most shops but only because of the specialty nature of our shop as well as the standard of work we love up to. However, there are other excellent shops and I have heard good things about Screamin as well so I hope you end up happy with the work they do!
                            Evan

Comment

Car comes back tomorrow! Been in constant communication with Dave from screamin paintworks, he has done a lot of extra stuff to my car at no cost!

I will have a few million pictures for you guys tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X