Wheel powdercoating suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel powdercoating suggestions?

Looking to fix the curb rash and change the colour for summer! I would paint them myself but let's be real powdercoating wheels > painting wheels.
    What's the best place to go from your guys' experience? I don't want some mediocre powdercoat lol
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Re: Wheel powdercoating suggestions?

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
    Looking to fix the curb rash and change the colour for summer! I would paint them myself but let's be real powdercoating wheels > painting wheels.
    What's the best place to go from your guys' experience? I don't want some mediocre powdercoat lol
    When I talked to a few places (calgary powder coating / top gun) they told me around 150 each rim to strip and then 150 to paint. So around 1260 all said and done.
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

if you can prep them yourself i had mine done for $60 per wheel at a little shop in the foothills ind area, i work nextdoor to them. i can get their info tomorrow if yo want.

Comment

Originally posted by jta430 View Post
        if you can prep them yourself i had mine done for $60 per wheel at a little shop in the foothills ind area, i work nextdoor to them. i can get their info tomorrow if yo want.
        Yes please, $60 a wheel is a number I can work with. Prep is no problem.
        Evan

Comment

Calgary powerdercoat stripped and powdercoated my rc303's for $75 per wheel including center plates/nuts and did a wicked job at it
          Last edited by funkin; 04-02-2014, 09:58 PM.
          TJ
          '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
          '01 Silver S4

Comment

Originally posted by funkin View Post
            Calgary powerdercoat stripped and powdercoated my rc303's for $75 per wheel including center plates/nuts and did a wicked job at it
            Wow okay nevermind Calgary Powdercoat it is. Did your wheels need any repairing at all? The curbrash on mine is very minor but I would want to fix it before paint.
            Evan

Comment

Calgary powdercoat is a great shop. if you have minor rash, usually a quick hit with a sander can get rid of it. the powder will blend it nicely for you.

Comment

Top gun coatings did my 2 piece 16" bbs rxii wheels a few years ago. I stripped them down and they powdered them for $300 i think. Different prices for 1/2/3 piece wheels

Comment

Ive decided I'm going to do a bit of wet sanding and power polishing to get my wheels looking like new this year. Probably going to be taking them to Top Gun if I ever need them powdercoated. Thanks for all the info guys!
                  Evan

Comment

Calgary Powder Coatings did my wheel faces for 50$ each, blasting included and all 60 fastener heads for an additional 100.

Alberta Wheel Repair is great for getting curbage fixed and polishing, they paint as well.
                    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Working...
                    X