X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf R 400 Concept

I am a fan for sure!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Scott
      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Put your money where your mouth is, cause the R400 is entering production!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...for-production
        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Okay. Time to go bankrupt.
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post

Rob
            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post

Not confirmed that it's coming to North America though
              Scott
              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Hell would freeze over before they bring this thing to NA
                Justin
                MkVI CW GTI 4-Door 6MT | APR Stage 2 | APR RSC Exhaust | VWR Intake |H&R Street Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Circa1990 View Post
                  Hell would freeze over before they bring this thing to NA
                  careful of famous last words...

Comment

I would have a hard time swallowing the 45k price tag on a normal .:R, let alone what one of these is gonna cost. Very cool, and I love the mk7 styling in this case.. just not sure if I would pay TTRS money for a Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by danosaur View Post
                      I would have a hard time swallowing the 45k price tag on a normal .:R, let alone what one of these is gonna cost. Very cool, and I love the mk7 styling in this case.. just not sure if I would pay TTRS money for a Golf.
                      There is a ton of room between a $45K R and an $80K TTRS to sell a $55-60K Golf R400. Besides... the CLA 45 AMG which is already priced in the $60 to $70K range needs a competitor... doesn't it?

Personally... no matter what happens... I'm stoked! The BMW M2, Audi RS3 and Golf R400 are all on my radar right now... as for the CLA AMG... well... I think it's fugly.
                      Rob
                      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                        There is a ton of room between a $45K R and an $80K TTRS to sell a $55-60K Golf R400. Besides... the CLA 45 AMG which is already priced in the $60 to $70K range needs a competitor... doesn't it?

Personally... no matter what happens... I'm stoked! The BMW M2, Audi RS3 and Golf R400 are all on my radar right now... as for the CLA AMG... well... I think it's fugly.
                        Nailed it
                        Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
                          Nailed it
                          x2, plus this car has more power than a base TTRS (although not the same tuning potential). However I think this will be a very limited car in a select few markets and probably end up more as a collector piece than anything.
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

This car is for the people who were going to buy a MK7 R and drop 10k-20k of mods on it. Not only is it already insane power but it has a custom sick design. What more could you ask?

Comment

Volkswagen chief of R&D Heinz-Jakob Neusser declared recently the Golf R 400 production version "could make more than 400 horsepower."

Last month at the Beijing Motor Show in China we saw Volkswagen's rather radical Golf R 400, a concept which based on a recent report will see the light of production day. There's actually more to this story as Volkswagen's head of research and development Heinz-Jakob Neusser said this week at the Vienna engine symposium in Austria the range-topping Golf "could make more than 400 horsepower."

The company's supervisory board chief Ferdinand Piech and VW CEO Martin Winterkorn participated at the symposium so needless to say Neusser was very serious when he made the statement. This means the current flagship Golf R will be dethroned by a super Golf pumping out more than the concept's 400 PS (294 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb-ft).

The uprated 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine will work most likely with a 6-speed DSG transmission and a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system. Volkswagen said the concept can do 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 3.9 seconds and an electronically-capped top speed of 174 mph (280 km/h) but the production car could be even faster than that as a result of the added power.
                              Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                                Volkswagen chief of R&D Heinz-Jakob Neusser declared recently the Golf R 400 production version "could make more than 400 horsepower."

Last month at the Beijing Motor Show in China we saw Volkswagen's rather radical Golf R 400, a concept which based on a recent report will see the light of production day. There's actually more to this story as Volkswagen's head of research and development Heinz-Jakob Neusser said this week at the Vienna engine symposium in Austria the range-topping Golf "could make more than 400 horsepower."

The company's supervisory board chief Ferdinand Piech and VW CEO Martin Winterkorn participated at the symposium so needless to say Neusser was very serious when he made the statement. This means the current flagship Golf R will be dethroned by a super Golf pumping out more than the concept's 400 PS (294 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb-ft).

The uprated 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine will work most likely with a 6-speed DSG transmission and a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system. Volkswagen said the concept can do 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 3.9 seconds and an electronically-capped top speed of 174 mph (280 km/h) but the production car could be even faster than that as a result of the added power.
                                I knew it was too good to be true...
                                Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X