Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 2008 GTI

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
    Working for me, but I think I would tuck the rear like the front as no need to poke with those flares.
    Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
    I too would tuck it Martin Looking awesome though!
    Thanks guys! Definitely going to be tucking the rear. That way I won't have to stretch tires
    Last edited by mferrariomk5; 12-04-2015, 11:35 AM.
    Martin
    I.G. @mferrariomk5
    Slow MK5 GTI
    Basic B8 S4

Comment

What fender flares are those?
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
        What fender flares are those?
        ECS CF 5" flares
        great product and low(er) cost than most
        Martin
        I.G. @mferrariomk5
        Slow MK5 GTI
        Basic B8 S4

Comment

In the midst of exams I decided it would be great idea to get the engine back in... By myself.

Was having a tough time finding replacement bolts for the balance shaft and oil pump assembly. For some reason VW thought it would be fantastic to stop producing them... Thanks
          Finally just decided to re use the bolts and replace the ones I could source. Although they are torque to angle I inspected and measure them precisely and it appears that they are not stretched. Also, since they're steel bolts they would retain they're shape as opposed to aluminum bolts. Still kinda nervous about using them

Engine harness coming out the fire wall was tucked last year but I don't like how the loom is super visible once it comes out of the frame so I'm going to try and hide that better

Also, forgot to put this plate between the engine and transmission and now that the engine is in I really don't feel like going to buy a beam and taking the trans off again just to put this plate on. I know everything is there for a reason from factory but, I'd really appreciate if someone can chime in and let me know if it will mess with the distance between the slave cylinder and the clutch diaphragm. I didn't measure the thickness of the plate but it's fairly thin. Im assuming its only there to prevent galvanic corrosion between the transmission case and engine block. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know your thoughts, good, bad always welcome

If one of the mods would kindly rename the thread Kim's build that would be great!
          Last edited by mferrariomk5; 12-13-2015, 08:23 PM.
          Martin
          I.G. @mferrariomk5
          Slow MK5 GTI
          Basic B8 S4

Comment

Working...
          X