Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey new guy here

Originally posted by mofoka View Post
    I was thinking about that one. It looks nice on their website anyways.
    I would definitely recommend listening to mine first though, exhausts are always a gamble. Drop me a PM
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Milltek makes a nice exhaust too.

You can avoid the CEL for cats by using an 02 sensor spacer.

Evan's parts list would make a nice daily driver, for a reasonable cost.
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Would you need injectors for just a stage 2 tune? I know quite a few 1.8t tunes get away with a 3.5bar or 4bar FPR to compensate for higher flows required so injectors don't need to be upgraded, and some still even stick with the stock 3bar

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
          Would you need injectors for just a stage 2 tune? I know quite a few 1.8t tunes get away with a 3.5bar or 4bar FPR to compensate for higher flows required so injectors don't need to be upgraded, and some still even stick with the stock 3bar
          Some B6's do not have a return fuel system, for them it needs upgraded injectors for stage 2.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
            Some B6's do not have a return fuel system, for them it needs upgraded injectors for stage 2.
            Ah gotcha, that is the answer i was looking for. And a dumb design, it is always playing catch up

Comment

Love the ultrasports, welcome!

Comment

So here comes the dumb questions

Can I do these a la carte or do I need to do them together?

For parts I'm cool with injectors, coils, and exhaust just need to pick one

So is an intercooler a big deal?

Also I wanted an intake before but wasn't sure how winter driving is with one.

AND is there a difference between the standard 1.8T and the USP 1.8T? intercooler/injectors?
                No mods

Comment

Found a pic of the new grills! They where missing when i bought it BTW

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	511819
                  No mods

Comment

You can do most of these mods seperately, but when you get bigger injectors you will need to do the stage 1+(revo) tune at the same time to accommodate the bigger injectors.
                    A FMIC will definitely help keep things cool, and will help eliminate heat seak.
                    An intake will provided little to no gains for what they're worth.
                    i dont believe there is any engine differences in the USP.
                    And finally, give me your bumpers and sideblades. Now.
                    Current: 2012 VW GTI
                    Previous: 2002 Audi A4 Avant
                    1998 VW GTI VR6

Comment

Hey new guy here

The stage 1+ tunes with bigger injectors and supporting mods will not dissapoint. You can do the exhaust, DV, coils, etc before getting the tune, however injectors must be done at the same time as the programming.

Personally have magnaflow 16601 system and unitronic HFC with 3" downpipe. has a very deep grumble at idle and does get pretty loud under WOT. Maintains Zero drone on the highway even at 130+

Glad to see another b6 brother hanging around. I'll be watching.
                      Last edited by Mr.Avant; 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

One other thing you ought to pick up is a VAGCOM of some sort.

The legit Ross-Tech cable is the best one, but many have had great success for most applications with the blue ebay/amazon variety.

Handy to be able to read/clear codes, or log different inputs... like IAT
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Welcome Mofo, sweet ride. Enjoy!!
                          sigpic

Comment

The Vagcom looks pricey for a scanner. So you say the eBay one is alright then. 1:10 price seems like it's worth a shot
                            No mods

Comment

If you're going to do the mods I suggested, you can do them in any order. They will all add a little bit to your car and then when you have them all done collectively and a tune that is set up for them all together you will see the biggest increase as the ECU is now adjusted for a more performance oriented set up.
                              I ran a stage 2 Unitronics tune in my GTI without upgrading my intercooler and never had any problems but I would recommend it because it will make a significant difference in keeping temperatures down.
                              For an intake all I did was a cone filter direct to MAF housing. Cost me $40 plus another $30 for the SAI filter. Honestly unless your air box is clogged right up with all sorts of crap you won't notice a difference but it will make some pretty badass turbo noises which I am a fan of. Also makes changing your air filter infinitely easier. The B6 air boxes are a pain.
                              And no I don't think there is a difference between a regular B6 and an ultrasport. To my knowledge they all have the same engine codes.
                              I also wouldn't recommend going with a stage 1+. That's what I am running now. A stage 1+ unitronic, exhaust, intake and diverter valve and it's lame. I'm doing my turbo this winter but I if I were to do all bolt ons and a tune I would go with the parts list I recommended and a Unitronics or GIAC stage 2. I Like unitronic best but I was also very happy with my GIAC tune in my last B6.
                              Last edited by hooddub; 07-30-2014, 10:35 AM.
                              Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

My understanding was that the 1+ is just to accommodate the TT225 injectors? Do you have upgraded injectors hooddub?
                                Current: 2012 VW GTI
                                Previous: 2002 Audi A4 Avant
                                1998 VW GTI VR6

Comment

Working...
                                X