2015 Range Rover Sport SVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR

Land Rover has officially unveiled the 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR, ahead of its debut at Pebble Beach on August 14th.

Described as the "most dynamically focused" Land Rover ever produced, the high-performance model is distinguished by a new front bumper with larger air intakes that feed two intercoolers. The model also has a revised grille, distinctive front fender vents, muscular side skirts and 21-inch alloy wheels with Continental Cross Contact all-season tires. Moving further back we can see a larger rear spoiler and a new rear bumper with a gloss black diffuser that is flanked by a four-tailpipe exhaust system.

The cabin is instantly recognizable but features front and rear sports seats that have two-tone Oxford leather upholstery with reflective piping and SVR badging. The model also boasts turned aluminum trim but carbon fiber trim is optional.

Power is provided by a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine that develops 550 bhp (410 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm) of torque - 40 bhp (30 kW) and 41 lb-ft (55 Nm) more than the Range Rover Sport Supercharged. It is connected to a sport-tuned eight-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel drive system which enables the crossover to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds before hitting an electronically limited top speed of 162 mph (260.7 km/h). This setup has already allowed the model to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 8 minutes 14 seconds.

Speaking of performance the Range Rover Sport SVR has a recalibrated Dynamic Active Rear Locking Differential which "locks earlier and to an increased extent" to ensure torque is transferred to the rear wheel with most traction. The model also has a center differential with an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch and an improved Torque Vectoring system which constantly balances the distribution of engine torque during cornering.

Other highlights include Brembo brakes and an aluminum-intensive sports suspension with upgraded bushings, an improved Active-Roll Control system and a reprogrammed Adaptive Dynamics system - among other things.

According to Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director John Edwards, "The Range Rover Sport SVR is a natural progression beyond the core vehicle's outstanding on- and off-road capabilities and leading-edge design. It's exhilarating performance will satisfy a particularly demanding customer set."

The Range Rover Sport SVR will be priced from $110,475 - excluding a $925 destination and delivery fee - in the United States.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR

Love the seats, especially the rears, but the outside looks just like any other rover...

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
      Love the seats, especially the rears, but the outside looks just like any other rover...
      Agreed, seats are amazing and not too much difference on the outside.. Still beautiful though

Comment

Well the front and rear bumpers definitely have a more aggressive appearance but I think the point of this iteration is classic Range Rover with amazing performance. I am sure I will be seeing a few of these around as the Range's are very popular in my neighbourhood, looks good on the gated drive with the Bentley in the garage
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

not bad.. i like the the lights

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
            Well the front and rear bumpers definitely have a more aggressive appearance but I think the point of this iteration is classic Range Rover with amazing performance. I am sure I will be seeing a few of these around as the Range's are very popular in my neighbourhood, looks good on the gated drive with the Bentley in the garage
            I guess if you can afford to daily drive a $200k car, the rover is actually your winter banger...

Comment

14 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway!! F*ck me... better than the RS4. Haha... haha... hah... ha... h... Hmmmmmm.
              Rob
              Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
              Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
              X