Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BMW M Coupe - Jacktown

Originally posted by jacktown View Post

I don't think it's the same one as only myself and one other BMW enthusiast were allowed to see it. He eventually helped me with the purchase.

fixed that for you...here it is after a quick wash and wipe down this morning.

You sure how many can there be? My buddy resent the pics and he was under the impression that it may be a one of one optioned like that.
    Last edited by bobkatkat; 08-22-2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
      You sure how many can there be? My buddy resent the pics and he was under the impression that it may be a one of one optioned like that.
      Those pictures are from an advertisement
      Last edited by jacktown; 08-19-2014, 01:26 PM.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
        Those pictures are from an advertisement
        Not sure? They are different pictures than the ones he sent before from his phone (crappy crackberry pics). So was he way off on the 1of1? Or is it the same car?

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
          Not sure? They are different pictures than the ones he sent before from his phone (crappy crackberry pics). So was he way off on the 1of1? Or is it the same car?
          You are a one of one
          The answer to your question is: there were 4 Oxford Green S54's built. 2 of them were Sunroof delete like I wanted. This one was built in 2002, the other in 2001.

Call me crazy, but I've had the VIN numbers of the 2 Sunroof-deletes for around 4 years, and the VIN numbers of a few of the Steel Grey Sunroof-deletes. If anyone had ever asked me which one I'd really want to find, I'd say any low mileage example of any of these VINS. I never thought I'd find a low mileage example of my most sought after Coupe, the '02 Oxford Green Sunroof delete.

I received a really neat binder with the car that was stuffed full of incredible stuff. As you can imagine, it included all of the service receipts etc. window sticker, ordering sheet, receipt. However, it's also full of M Coupe specific magazine article cut-outs from the past 12 years, and 2 pages of thoughts and quotes that the previous owner had while driving it - either his own or those of people who drove M Coupes or just admired his car while parked. There are even 3 rounds of M Coupe replacement badges in the binder. He thought ahead and bought them now incase they faded and he ever needed them in the future.

Unfortunately, the previous owner was not in a position to be able to drive the car any more and his wife assisted with the sale. She was desperate to make sure that it didn't get in to the hands of a reseller and that it went to someone who would take as much care of it as her husband had. He had a number of vehicles but she said that the M Coupe was always his favourite. Lucky for me that she requested a friend of a friend, a BMW enthusiast who does complete restorations, to help her to find a buyer for the car.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

You need to update your sig to include the new car
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Congrats on the M coupe! Looks absolutely pristine! I recently picked one up as well, but mines an s52; fun little coupes

Comment

Nice color, congrats!

Comment

Sounds like the previous owner was a special kind of crazy

Comment

Originally posted by EmJay View Post
                    Congrats on the M coupe! Looks absolutely pristine! I recently picked one up as well, but mines an s52; fun little coupes
                    That's great! Would love to learn more about your Coupe. It's funny. There are usually no Coupes for sale in Calgary and every so often, one pops up. But right now there are 3 examples FS near Calgary. Did you pick one of those up?

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                    Nice color, congrats!
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
                    Sounds like the previous owner was a special kind of crazy
                    In the nicest possible way, I'm sure.
                    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Haha... Previous owner of my AMG was the same way... I got a bunch if crazy trinkets too.

Comment

Sounds like this a match made in automotive heaven!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Starting to prioritize some things that need to be done on the car. First things first, I need to get DRL's installed so that I can pass my RIV inspection. If I go to the inspection without them, I'm going to be sent to a BMW dealership to get the work done where I'm sure I'll be charged a small fortune to get it installed. What's more, I really don't want DRL's on the car long term, so I'd love to find a solution that can be undone after the inspection is over.

I've found a DRL module online that should work on the coupe. It's $125.00. Seems a bit steep for something I'm only going to need for the inspection but it doesn't seem like there's another option so I'm going to suck it up. Just need to find the code for the radio before I disconnect the battery.

Next up is the rearview mirror. It's common for the liquid used in the auto dimming mirror of these cars to start leaking. Fortunately, that hasn't happened here yet but the liquid is visible in the bottom half of the mirror and will probably leak soon. I've read some positive stories from other owners who have removed the mirror and returned it to the original manufacturer, Sybesma Electronics in MI. They are able to overhaul it with a new solution which is a permanent fix for only $95.00. Seems like the best way to go so I'm going to try it out.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Sweet buy! On the z3 I am pretty sure you can just get a relay to install DRL. Part number should be 61358368039. They are in e36 models as well. Might also just be able to jump the relay to power them on for the time being.

And avoid the dealer. Just go to Canadian tire they will check DRL and cluster for km/hr, then passed, next just oop and your good to go.

Good call on the mirror it is pretty corrosive when it leaks
                            Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                              Sweet buy! On the z3 I am pretty sure you can just get a relay to install DRL. Part number should be 61358368039. They are in e36 models as well. Might also just be able to jump the relay to power them on for the time being.

And avoid the dealer. Just go to Canadian tire they will check DRL and cluster for km/hr, then passed, next just oop and your good to go.

Good call on the mirror it is pretty corrosive when it leaks
                              For sure. I just want to make sure I don't get sent to the dealer by Canadian Tire. I think this is the same relay I'm ordering. Thanks for the part number - I'll check it out.

Yes - thankfully the mirror hasn't started to leak yet.
                              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Car is in the shop having some minor dents removed today. Here are some before shots. Not the greatest pictures for showing them but they are those really annoying kind of dents that I can't ignore. Thought it best to deal with those right away before I focus on anything else. I'll post some pictures of the work later.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Working...
                                X