Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BMW M Coupe - Jacktown

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
    No I'm not planning to drive it through the winter. It would probably be tucked up already if it still wasn't for the inspection. That and it would be nice to get it out for at least one more weekend in September. Are you planning to winter drive yours? There is a fun article about an alpine white one that was found with Winters on it in Alaska: http://goo.gl/BvxbBI

I have zero sub-frame issues. I'm just thinking of it as a preventative measure. That and although I never intend to sell the car, a good sub frame reinforcement on these cars is transferrable in to the value. (IMO)

I believe you already have the 3.73 diff in the S52 but my motor came with the 3.15. The upgrade will definitely liven things up. I'll keep my eyes out for a set of Roadstars. There was a set on kijiji during the past few weeks but I just looked again and can't find them. They were less than a grand.
    Same here, I'm thinking of driving it till the end of the month and then storing it for winter. I'm glad that this weekend cleared up and I was able to go for a little cruise here in the south. Do you have a cover for yours or just let it hang out in the garage?

Agreed, if you decide to do a subframe reinforcement on yours keep me posted as I would be curious on which route / shop you go with.

I just took a look on which diff the S52's came with and it's a 3.23.

Cool, thanks. I check kijiji every now and then and I think I know which ones you are talking about; the picture had them on an older bronze 5 or 7 series. There is a set on there now for $400, but they are in need of a lot of work. It's more of a passive hunt, but if I won't be able to find any I might just take the route on fixing up some of the curb rash on mine. If you're ever on the hunt for any used items, let me know and I'll keep my eye out as well.

Haha, that lamp in the picture below cracked me up. I remember seeing it at Revolve and I was like WTF that thing is just massive, but it's definitely pretty cool.

Comment

It's official, the Coupe became Canadian today! RIV process is complete.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Hey, nice days are starting to dwindle and it's only a matter of time before it snows. Was thinking of doing one last cruise sometime this weekend and was just seeing if you'd be interested in joining?

Comment

Hey. I've been away all week and don't get home until tomorrow. I'll let you know tomorrow evening if I'm up for it. Do you think you might want to come to coffee on Sunday morning? Here's the thread for it. No one's mentioned if they are in for this weekend yet. http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...Sundays/page54
          I think this one will be at Second Cup at Westhills but I'm not sure what the turnout will be like being it's thanksgiving.

I haven't driven the coupe in 2 weeks and it was around 2 weeks before that too. :(
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Cool, yeah, keep me posted. Coffee Sunday morning works as well.

Comment

Hey I'm going to give tomorrow a miss. So tired after my trip and am doing the thanksgiving thing with family tomorrow rather than sunday. I'm definitely going to go next Sunday, weather permitting.
              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Hey, no worries, I'll probably skip out on tomorrow as well.

Comment

Hey, not too sure if it's something that you would be interested in, but the 2015 Clownshoe calendar got released today.

http://www.coupeaday.com/marketplace...shoe-calendar/

Use the NEWYEAR code and get an additional 30% off, but only seems to be applicable for today.

Comment

Just saw this.
                    Do want a coupe sticker.
                    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

A few things I'm hoping to take care of this winter:

Planning to go with HIR bulbs. The stock bulbs are awful. I'd love to do a projector retrofit but HIR's are a fraction of the cost, much less work and from what I've read, a significant upgrade over stock. I'd be interested to hear anyone's feedback on this.
                      I plan to buy these in the near future. http://store.candlepower.com/hirsponeseto.html

Next, I had another incident at a different car wash :( this time at the husky touchless wash in Sandstone. Drove in and the sign told me to back-up, drive forward over and over again. I had no choice but to do as it told me because the jets were already running. Next thing I knew, one of the jets banged in to the front end of my car and then the machine shut down and the door opened. I checked the front of the car and could'nt see any damage. I figured this was because the arm that had run in to my front end had a really thick piece of foam strapped to it. I sprayed off the car manually with the help of the attendant and went on my way. A week later, I noticed a 12" scrape on my hood, (down to the bare metal) scratch on my headlamp and scratch on my bumper. Ouch. I might just get his fixed on insurance because I'm pretty sure I'll need the whole hood resprayed.
                      So far, the gas station owner is failing to return my calls and I fugure that because I didn't notice the damage there in the moment, I'm probably sol.

Next up, I'm curious about sub-frame reinforcement and a valve adjustment. Looking for recommendation on an experienced shop that has some history with preserving the coupe sub frame.
                      Last edited by jacktown; 01-02-2015, 08:20 PM.
                      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Sorry to hear about the scratch on your hood and bumper, hopefully won't be too crazy to get back to new.

With the sub-frame reinforcement, take a look at RCTS (http://www.monsterhorsepower.com/). I found a build thread from a local Calgarian on Bimmerforums who had the Dinan sub-frame reinforcement done and it seems like he was really happy with the outcome. I have yet to find anyone that will do the Randy Forbes reinforcement, but I've only done my research online and haven't called around. Keep this thread updated if you come across any other places locally that will do this type of works as this is something that is on my radar as well.

Bimmerforums build for the Dinan sub-frame reinforcement - http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...e-kit-and-more

Comment

Ouch! Sorry about the damage! You got any pics? :(
                          Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                          ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                          PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

It's been really slow progress on the car this winter as I've been away a lot. Sending my rear view mirror out to be repaired next week and it's going in to Maranello asap to have the recent damage from the car wash fixed. Fortunately, it looks like it'll be covered under the gas stations insurance. Taking the opportunity to shave my side markers and fill the 2 holes for the front license plate while I'm at it.
                            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Nice! Good to hear the gas station is going to be covering it. Cant wait to do some sweet cruises along side of this beast this year
                              Patryk
                              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                              08 VW .:R32
                              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I definitely have to see the clown shoe in person! <3
                                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X