Audi A4 B9 Speculative Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi A4 B9 Speculative Render

The all-new Audi A4 (B9) has been rendered by RM Design with a subtle and evolutionary design.

Audi announced a new styling direction with the forthcoming concept set to be shown next month in Los Angeles but don't hold your breath for an overhauled design on future models. Seen here is Remco Meulendijk's interpretation of the fifth generation A4 sporting a sharpened look which can be best characterized as a bigger A3 Sedan and chances are the real deal will not stray away too far from these speculative renders.

It will ride on the MLB Evo platform and is expected to lose approximately 50 kg (110 lbs) while a plug-in hybrid version is reportedly planned with a 211 bhp 2.0 TFSI and a 95 bhp electric motor. There's also going to be a 1.4 TFSI benefiting from cylinder deactivation which will allow the new Audi A4 run on only two cylinders during low and medium loads to cut fuel consumption by 0.5 liters / 100 km.

Moving inside the cabin, expect an A8-derived center console with a bigger touchscreen display and a touchpad, head-up display system, digital screen built into the rearview mirror along with a customizable digital instrument cluster but not with as many options as in the TT.

The all-new A4 was allegedly delayed for some styling updates and is now scheduled to go on sale towards the end of next year as a 2016MY.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Audi A4 B9 Speculative Render

Looks like a smaller A6. Love it!!!!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I can see the chicktronic shifter from here.
      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
      2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
      2001 Audi A4 - RIP
      2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
      2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
      2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
      1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
      2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

show me rs4
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Audi is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the A4 which is being hailed as the "most successful Audi of all time."

Over the course of the past two decades, Audi has sold more than six million A4s including more than two million units of the current generation model. The company goes on to say demand is particularly strong in China, the United States and Germany where every fifth car delivered to customers is an A4.

According to Audi Production Board Member Dr. Hubert Waltl, "When the Audi A4 superseded the successful Audi 80 series 20 years ago, it became a bestseller soon after its launch. It was the fastest production ramp up in the company’s history."

Besides celebrating the model's 20th anniversary, Audi confirmed the Ingolstadt is plant is currently preparing for the next-generation model which will be launched in 2015. The company declined to elaborate but said "Numerous construction changes and other modernizations are necessary for the new model. In the new body shop in the northern part of the plant site, for example, more than 1,300 machines such as robots and welding guns are being installed."

Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I will take that RS4 Wagon Please!
            2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
            2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
            2001 Audi A4 - RIP
            2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
            2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
            2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
            1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
            2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
              I will take that RS4 Wagon Please!
              Yes Please X2!!!
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

With all this praise, hopefully Audi will decide that the next generation RS4 is something the NA market wants. I would have dropped the B7 for the B8 Wagon, but if the B9 does happen...oh boy, please count me on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by petoria View Post
                  With all this praise, hopefully Audi will decide that the next generation RS4 is something the NA market wants. I would have dropped the B7 for the B8 Wagon, but if the B9 does happen...oh boy, please count me on that list.
                  Me four. However... doubt I have enough patience to wait for a 2019 Audi RS4 wagon.
                  Rob
                  Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                  Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

If they ever bring us an RS Avant I will be all over it like white on rice
                    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                    Past:
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                    2004 .:R32 BMP
                    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

2019my so here in 2018 I could wait for that. I can't find a car that I want more than mine other than ricer dreams of a 2001 integra type r to play with. Ball park on price would be what 90k?

Comment

Latest spy photos

Blair

Comment

More spy pics

Blair

Comment

The first B9 S4 sedan and wagon test cars...

Our spies have sent us the first images with the next generation Audi S4 being tested in both sedan and Avant flavors.

It was only yesterday when the new A4 Avant made its spy photo debut and now the model has been spotted in S guise together with the sedan version stretching out on the Nürburgring and hiding a more aggressive body. The cars had larger vents, a sportier suspension along with a quad exhaust setup clearly denoting we are dealing with more powerful versions.

The identity of the engine is not known at this point, but Audi could decide to use an evolution of the V6 3.0 TFSI installed in the current model where it delivers 333 PS (245 kW) and 440 Nm (324 lb-ft) of torque. A bump in output to 350-360 PS is expected and combined with an estimated 100 kg (220 lbs) weight loss thanks to the MLB Evo platform should enable the S4 Sedan be considerably faster than the current car which needs five seconds (+0.1s Avant) until 62 mph (100 km/h).

A previous report indicated the use of a nine-speed automatic transmission which could find its way inside the S4 models, but Audi could decide to stick with the seven-speed S tronic.

Taking into account the regular Audi A4 (B9) will be out in the next few months, expect the S version to be launched in the second half of 2016.

Blair

Comment

Originally posted by rss View Post
                              i can see the chicktronic shifter from here.
                              lol
                              Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X