No announcement yet.

Floor Pan Swap - haldex to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Floor Pan Swap - haldex to come...

If it helps, I can give you a rear window. (up in Edm)

Alternately, have you thought about this:

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
      Balls.

Best of luck mang.
      Ya, less than ideal but hopefully it turns out alright.

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      Cars getting taken out far too easily this summer!! Good luck getting it all fixed up!
      If it isn’t hail it’s other people smashing into us - no injuries at least.

Originally posted by MrDave View Post
      If it helps, I can give you a rear window. (up in Edm)

Alternately, have you thought about this...[IMG]

-Dave
      Awesome, not sure if I can use it or not yet but thanks for the offer.

Hmm, mid-engine GLI with a tonneau cover... that could be pretty sick!
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Great job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HelveticaAuto View Post
          Great job!!!
          Thanks - the hail damage and winter put a stop on things for now but when the weather softens up I can get back at it... will need to address the front/back windows and hail damage and then I think I’ll have a go at the Haldex wiring.
          Work - houzz / linkedin
          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
            Jesus.... I have a pdr guy if you're interested, i only let him touch my car and his price is good too, I hope you didn't report to insurance yet because that doesn't look good at all.
            It looks like this might come in handy... I wont' do anything with the paint until spring/summer but I’d love to chat with your guy when the time comes.

No rush on his info, just whenever you have time - thanks!
            Work - houzz / linkedin
            Play - haldex swap

Comment

Photobucket is now demanding money to host pictures that are being used in forum posts - brilliant PR strategy.

Singed up for Imgur and am restoring this thread bit by bit. Such a pain but I’m adding a few extra pictures at each step so the process should be documented a little better in the end.

Haldex harness in on the way from the States - will post up more about that soon hopefully.
              Work - houzz / linkedin
              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Yeah not sure what is going on with Photobucket, I switched out a while ago when I could not even log in for a month, they better improve things to have a hope in justifying that amount of money.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

If anybody is unaware of what Photobucket has done, they've switched from free image hosting to _$399_ per year.
                  Not $3.99, not $3.99 per month, but $400.00 USD/year.

I wonder how long till they disappear, or reconsider.

I pay $10/yr or something for a domain, then use free web hosting at 50webs.
                  If 50webs craters, recreate the structure and files on a different host and change the DNS for the domain,
                  then I don't need to edit every forum post where I've posted photos.

Good luck with your file transition. I'm looking forward to your updates, and seeing the new back window.

-Dave

Comment

Thanks - back window shrapnel is out and the “new" one is ready to go in but when I pulled the windshield I noticed the shop who replaced my OEM windshield scratched up the paint at the top corners (underneath the seals) where the A-pillars meet the roof... so I have some surface rust to fix first before the glass goes in. Plan to buy some Por15 this weekend.

Haldex wiring harness arrived today though
                    Work - houzz / linkedin
                    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Not exactly Haldex related but something did happen with the car today that will get things moving again.

Previously salvaged an OEM back window...

& removed the spidered windshield...

After many many tries at finding a decent price for mobile glass replacement, I was finally recommended a company who’s price and service were great and who didn’t freak out when I asked about Sekurit glass.

Front...

Back...
                      Work - houzz / linkedin
                      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Well done!! Gotta admit, tackling windshields isn't on my DIY list of things to do yet, haha, points for bravery.
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Well done!! Gotta admit, tackling windshields isn't on my DIY list of things to do yet, haha, points for bravery.
                          I wasn’t sure what to expect as I’d never taken one out before but removal was easy and then I left the instal to the pros.

Here’s the removal tool I used...
                          Work - houzz / linkedin
                          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Working...
                          X