Mercedes-Maybach S-Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Maybach S-Class

The Mercedes-Maybach S-Class is making its world debut today at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Daimler is resurrecting the “Maybach” nameplate with a range-topping edition of the S-Class which has grown in size by 200mm to 5453mm, with all of the added length going into the wheelbase that now measures 3365mm. It can be visually distinguished on the outside by subtle modifications to the front grille along with “Maybach” badging & lettering as well as 66mm shorter rear doors to make room for the third side window which has been relocated into the C pillar.

As expected, most of the changes have occurred on the inside where the rear passengers get to enjoy the additional legroom and standard executive rear seats featuring backrests which are adjusted separately while the footwell and seat reference point remain unchanged. In addition, the cushion can also be adjusted individually (inclination and horizontal).

The Mercedes-Maybach S-Class promises to be the “quietest car in the world” thanks to special seals optimizing the noise insulation along with the installation of additional sound deadening material.

At first it will be sold in the S600 variant with a twin-turbo V12 6.0-liter developing 530 HP (390 kW) and 830 Nm (612 lb-ft). There’s also going to be an S500 with a bi-turbo V8 4.7-liter engine developing 455 HP (335 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft). Eventually, the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class will get an S400 4MATIC variant with a V6 3.0-liter motor with 333 HP (245 kW) and 480 Nm (354 lb-ft) sent to an all-wheel drive system.

The Mercedes-Maybach S-Class is scheduled to go on sale in February 2015.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Mercedes-Maybach S-Class

I like it. Back seat looks comfy as F
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

Id fall asleep instantly in that back seat

Comment

I could totally use this while I go and do errands: buy a sports team, meet Scarlett Jo... Typical things.
        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I am in love with the seats, looks very classy

Comment

Classy, but why those wheels? Honestly you make such a godly car and you slap on horrid wheels, where's the logic in that? Merc do have some nice OEM wheels...
            Currently own: 2012 Golf 2.5 Sportsline Small modifs: ST Coils, VMR V710 18x8.5

Comment

I just looked at a review video and saw the interior lighting when its dark... it is like a light show in that car

Comment

Mercedes has unveiled the Maybach Pullman, ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show.

Designed to be the "ultimate in exclusivity and luxury," the Pullman is a chauffeur-driven limousine that is 1053 mm longer than the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class. The model is also 100mm taller than the S-Class and features a 4418mm long wheelbase which gives rear seat passengers class leading legroom.

Speaking of the interior, the rear passenger compartment has two executive seats that recline up to 43.5 degrees and have a powered footrest. They face two fold-down rear seats and an electrically-operated partition window that can go from transparent to opaque at the touch of a button.

The Pullman also comes nicely equipped with premium leather upholstery, wood trim and rear privacy curtains. There's also a full-length center console, a Burmester 3D surround sound system and a rear entertainment system with an 18.5-inch display.

Last but not least, the roof-mounted instruments make a return so rear seat passengers can easily see the time, outside temperature and the car's speed.

Power is provided by a twin-turbo 6.0-liter V12 engine that develops 530 PS (390 kW) and 830 Nm (612 lb-ft) of torque. Mercedes declined to release detailed performance specifications but the car is more about comfort than speed.

The first deliveries are slated for 2016 and Mercedes says the unarmored variant should cost approximately €500,000 ($570,465 / £371,645).

Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

this was at the tdot auto show.. so redonk its not funny

Comment

Working...
                  X