Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Lose a New Car?

http://railroaded.wordpress.com/2014...-saskatchewan/

Went into the Audi dealership to ask about my wife's car the other day and they mentioned 3 Royal Oak Audis were totaled and 8 for Glenmore. Anyone on here affected?
    2015 Audi RS7, Sepang Blue, Carbon Optic Package, Performance Package, Driver Assistant Plus Package, Black Alcantara Headliner
    2015 Audi A3, Glut Orange, 2.0 TFSI Technik, S Line Package - Wife's
    2006 Audi S4, Sprint Blue Pearl, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Navigation - SOLD

Re: Anyone Lose a New Car?

My brother in law was involved in the clean up for that derailment .. said that CN Rail had to crush 25 million dollars worth of cars do with any liability issues involving the derailment
    12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
      said that CN Rail had to crush 25 million dollars worth of cars do with any liability issues involving the derailment
      I thought stuff like this gets auctioned off.
      -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
      '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Originally posted by stef2.7t View Post
        I thought stuff like this gets auctioned off.
        There was a big cargo ship that listed and damaged thousands of cars years ago, and they got scrapped too I believe. It's an insurance/liability issue, but i don't really understand it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/15/m...ed-cougar-ace/
        Last edited by stefan; 12-20-2014, 03:25 PM.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Yea, that's all weird to me.

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
          '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Comment

If there is any damage to the car, the dealership/company must declare the car an unrepairable total loss so they can get the full value of the car from insurance. Otherwise they get a partial payout and may have to fix the car and then get less for the sale of a rebuilt vehicle, not worth their hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
              If there is any damage to the car, the dealership/company must declare the car an unrepairable total loss so they can get the full value of the car from insurance. Otherwise they get a partial payout and may have to fix the car and then get less for the sale of a rebuilt vehicle, not worth their hassle.
              Yes, but I thought these would end up as a large lot of insurance sold vehicles for parts and such.

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
              '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Comment

It's probably to avoid someone doing a scabby repair and selling it too.

Comment

Ya it's the liability issue ... Say a car got into an accident 5 years after and the air bag didn't deploy and its been sold a couple times etc.. and it gets traced back to the train wreck, they can be sued for damages etc.. Safer for them to just scrap them them have the cars out there ... C.Y.A. is the main thing there are worried about.
                  12 Volvo XC 90
                  03 Jetta1.8T
                  95 Cabrio VRT
                  90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X