FR: Looking to rent out my JHM flashing cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR: Looking to rent out my JHM flashing cable

I recently purchased a JHM tune along with a flashing cable. I live in the Calgary area (Canmore) and would like to offer the cable up for rent to help others save on the cost of the cable and also help me recoup some of the cost!

I'm also willing to look at shipping the cable to renters within Canada if you're interested.
    It makes sense to rent now more than ever with our sliding Canadian dollar. It'd cost over $275 CAD to your door in Canada if you ordered it with a tune. Happy to help other forum members save some cash.

Shoot me a message if you're interested!

Last edited by drewgold; 10-10-2015, 10:24 PM.
    2006 Audi A4 Avant, 2.0tQ, 6spd, Dolphin Gray

FR: Looking to rent out my JHM flashing cable

Will definitely be contacting you when I tune the b7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Danaldson; 01-30-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Re: FR: Looking to rent out my JHM flashing cable

I would also be interested as I don't feel like driving up to Red Deer

Comment

Hello Drew, what are your thoughts and comments on your car's performance after the JHM tune? I currently have a Revo tune but am wondering if the JHM tune lives up to the audizine hype?

Comment

Originally posted by bydesign View Post
          Hello Drew, what are your thoughts and comments on your car's performance after the JHM tune? I currently have a Revo tune but am wondering if the JHM tune lives up to the audizine hype?
          I don't actually have the tune yet, I need to take my car into the dealer for some warranty work so holding off to flash the tune until I get the work done.

The JHM tune has had excellent reviews though from very credible enthusiasts.

This thread in the link below is started by someone who switched from REVO to JHM, should answer all your questions. Definitely be worth contacting the guy if you'd like to hear more about the difference between REVO and JHM tunes. (He'll also be dyno-ing hes car with the JHM tune next week so should be able to compare numbers pretty accurately. Of course, numbers is only a small fraction of the whole picture.) Running a 13.87 1/4 mile on a stock B7 engine with a JHM tune is pretty incredible!
          http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...light=REVO+JHM
          Last edited by drewgold; 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by datdamguy View Post
            I would also be interested as I don't feel like driving up to Red Deer
            That was my same thought. Plus most shops charge an hour labour rate to flash a tune...

Comment

Re: FR: Renting out my JHM flashing cable

Jake posted a customers dyno. 218hp, 285tq on stage 1 with a test pipe. Some seriously good numbers for stage 1.

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                Jake posted a customers dyno. 218hp, 285tq on stage 1 with a test pipe. Some seriously good numbers for stage 1.

whp?
                Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
                  whp?

yeah

Comment

The 2.0 k03 tunes have sooooo much torque available very early. Bet the butt dyno will really feel it over stock. Just stay away from real dyno's. Dyno's at elevation are heart-breakers.

Comment

Another guy on audizine broke 230whp on a dyno today for stage1 with intake and test pipe. I'm sure he will be posting a dyno sheet later today.

Comment

Another guy on audizine broke 230whp on a dyno today for stage1 with intake and test pipe. I'm sure he will be posting a dyno sheet later today.
                        Yes, quite impressive numbers for Stage 1 and 91 octane: 230.3 whp and 298.5 torque! Stage 2 with 91 octane is supposed to be even better...

It's also worth noting that the dyno was done at altitude in Denver, similar to Calgary. Obviously with more air at sea level, the numbers would be even slightly better than these.

His only major performance mod that this person had that would have contributed to the whp and torque output is a FMIC.

Here's his graph from today:

And the numbers:

Comment

That's unreal. I am pumped to get this tune

Comment

That's unreal. I am pumped to get this tune

Yes, very impressive. And the guy only had a 2.5" downpipe and exhaust.

According to JHM, a 3" downpipe will improve performance substantially, especially with stage 2. The cool thing is that the software continually adapts as you drive or add mods.

Apparently they have tested installing an electronic cutout right after a test pipe and gained another 30whp, so exhaust makes a BIG difference with this tune. For realistic applications though, a 3" high flow cat to a 3" downpipe and dual oem S4 exhaust seems to make a big difference in performance with the JHM tune.

Comment

Originally posted by drewgold View Post
                              The cool thing is that the software continually adapts as you drive or add mods.
                              I believe the Bosch Motronic ME engine management systems constantly adapt based on operating parameters, no matter what tune.

But wow... 298 ft-lb of wheel torque at 3300 rpm, yes please.

Comment

Working...
                              X