Ferrari 488 GTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 488 GTB

Following a series of elusive teasers, Ferrari has introduced the 488 GTB which was previously referred to as the 458 M (Modificata).

More than just a 458 facelift, the latest prancing horse from Maranello embraces turbocharging thanks to a twin-turbo 3.9-liter V8 engine producing 670 HP (493 kW) at 8,000 rpm and 760 Nm (560 lb-ft) of torque at 3,000 rpm. It's enough muscle to allow the supercar hit 62 mph (100 km/h) in 3 seconds, 0-124 mph (200 km/h) in only 8.3 seconds before hitting a top speed of 205 mph (330 km/h) while a lap around the firm's Fiorano track will take 1 minute and 23 seconds.

Power is channeled to the rear axle through an updated seven-speed dual-clutch transmission featuring variable torque management while the gear ratios have been programmed to "deliver incredibly progressive acceleration when the driver floors the throttle." Ferrari promises the 488 GTB’s exhaust has been modified to deliver a "full, clear and totally distinctive" soundtrack.

In terms of styling, the large air intake scallop represents a throwback to the original 308 GTB and in this application it has been divided by a splitter into two separate sections. Also noticeable is the wider front spoiler along with a new blown spoiler which helps improve downforce and works together with the diffuser that has received active flaps. Rounding off the list of exterior changes are the mildly tweaked LED taillights.

Stepping inside the cabin, the Ferrari 488 GTB should be very familiar but there are new satellite control clusters, angled air vents and a slightly revised instrument panel. Also fresh are the body-hugging seats along with a new interface and graphics for the infotainment system.

Ferrari will bring the 488 GTB to next month's Geneva Motor Show. A Spider version should follow in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Ferrari 488 GTB

sick!

Comment

Yeah that's nice!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Bring on that focus RS!!!!
        ~~TODD~~
        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Gorgeous! Can't say I've looked at another car so much recently and debated on which profile I like more... rear... front... 3/4... 1/4... damn... It's all good!
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            Gorgeous! Can't say I've looked at another car so much recently and debated on which profile I like more... rear... front... 3/4... 1/4... damn... It's all good!
            Agreed!
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Yep, X3
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

definitely doesn't look bad, but i prefer the 458 more.

Comment

Best looking Ferrari that I've seen in a long time!
                  --
                  Rod
                  Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                  2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Damn that looks good! 670hp just makes the huracan look sad
                    Current Fleet
                    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                    2001 Cobra #88/3786
                    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                      Couldn't agree more, I've been a Ferrari hater I'm the past but this completely changes my mind. Sexy looking car with the numbers to back it up.

Comment

I like the look of the motor better than the car.
                        2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

it would be interesting to know how they came up with 488, as it does not follow the usual logic for their nomenclature.
                          MKV GTI
                          '73 Westfalia

Comment

Originally posted by jonnie5 View Post
                            it would be interesting to know how they came up with 488, as it does not follow the usual logic for their nomenclature.
                            i googled it
                            The 488 part of the new nomenclature refers to the individual cylinder capacity of the new 3902cc twin-turbo V8, while GTB stands for Gran Turismo Berlinetta – Italian for a grand tourer with a coupe body-style. The use of these three letters in this instance also pays homage to the 308 GTB – Ferrari’s first mid-rear-engined V8, which just happens to be celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
                            MKV GTI
                            '73 Westfalia

Comment

Spider version revealed.

Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                              X