Adrian's 03 GLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Adrian's 03 GLI

Here's the trunk lay out, I really like it but I want to change it up over next winter to hard lines. Only reason I didn't do that from the beginning its because I had no idea if air ride was what I wanted but I'm super happy with it.

Also changed my balljoints because one of them had a tear in it and I needed an alignment so I thought I might as well change when before.

I missed my sub-woofer alot and sound quality just was not the same without it, so I made a fiberglass enclosure to keep the trunk clean. Last picture is how it sits as of right now and it will be wrapped to match the fabric in the trunk. The tape around it is just to an extra seal around it to make sure there's no air leaking in case I missed anything.

And most recent thing which happened yesterday.. Blew a hole in my oil pan on the under pass between Crowchild and Brisebois drive. There was a tall bump in the road followed by a manhole that was also above the roads surface. I was about 3/4 of the way up with the controller in hand when I hit it. I was it last second and my choices were to either go over it and try and raise the car or go in oncoming traffic.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
    2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Tough luck, bro. Just be glad this happened now and not when it's -20 and it's day after New Years.
      Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Been a while since I updated this. I finally finished the first year at SAIT and had more time to work on the car. Finished up the subwoofer enclosure and wrapped it in a black cloth, I spent a while looking for a fabric that would be the same as the truck but I could not find any.

Painted the front and rear valence to colour match the car and it actually turned out alot better then what I thought, especially from rattle canning it.

Installed a Brushed aluminum radio cage, along with the ash tray and all the door handles that I got off Colin. Looks so much better and legit then the "brushed aluminum" wrap that they sell online that I had on there. Topped it off with some red LED strips that I used as foot well lighting, got them from Walmart but they were way too bright at night so I used some vht nightshades spray paint on them to dim them down abit. I hard wired them into the cigarette lighter so they only come on when my lights are on. Its weird how such small things you can do to your car make it so much more fun to drive.

Also got a diesel geeks sigma 6 short shifter that is pretty much brand new for really cheap. Makes such a big difference in the way the car shifts and so much smoother.
        2009 Audi S5

Comment

Lookin' good!
          Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Haven't updated this thread in a while. Been super busy with school and work. Slowly getting ready for show season and trying to find time to work on the car. I have started wrapping the car but the color will be kept secret until it's all done, or you guys will see it at DRIVEN. So far both fenders, gas cap and trunk have been done. Waiting for my notch fill to come in so I can start on the hood as well.

Progress Pic

As for the Headlights, I started another retrofit. I sold the other set I made because they weren't bright enough and didn't like the way they looked anymore. For this set I bought a set of FX-R projectors and drilled a hole in them in order to put in a red LED for the demon eye effect. Also wanted dual turn signals, blacked out housing and new lenses.

The brakes also had 3 layers of paint on them... 2 from the previous owner and 1 from myself, you could see all the layers in some spots. Removed all the calipers and rotors, and sanded it down to bare metal. I ended up painting the calipers red, and the rotors black where ever the pad doesn't touch.

And lastly I bought a voltage gauge. But after I bought it I found out I had no where to mount it. Didn't want a gauge pod on the dash or anywhere so I found a beer can and mocked it up. It will not sit in the beer can as I feel I may have problems with the police but here's what the end product should look like!
            Last edited by Adcodo; 04-04-2017, 12:21 PM.
            2009 Audi S5

Comment

That gauge placement is pretty cheeky - I love it!
              Also, cant wait to see your new colour at Driven, it looks super sparkly.
              Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
              ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
              PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Your wrap looks nice as well as well as your projectors.
                Pm'ed

Comment

Working...
                X