Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian's 03 GLI

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
    Check the bushings on your struts, mine did that when they were worn...on the bottom mount....pull the bolt out and have a look.
    Will do! Are those changeable? or do i need a whole new strut
    2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
    2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
      Will do! Are those changeable? or do i need a whole new strut
      You should be able to find replacement bushings at Princess Auto....they have everything there lol
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
        You should be able to find replacement bushings at Princess Auto....they have everything there lol
        Sweet thanks for the info!
        2009 Audi S5

Comment

Finally got to paint my bumper, and man it looks so much better. Really wish I had a before and after picture but I forgot to take one. The bumper had 2 scratches on it, 2 loonie size paint chips, lots of rock chips and clear coat started peeling. Also changed the rear lower control arm bushing with OEM+ R32 ones, along with the transmission fluid. Really wish the bushings were the first "mod" I did to the car because it feels so much more sturdy in the turn.

Honestly didn't expect 2 small slits to make such a big difference in the way a car handles

2009 Audi S5

Comment

New fog light housings came in yesterday along with a chrome emblem, old emblem was black and old fog lights were LED with a few burnt out and the seals on both of them broken causing them to let water on the inside. Also swapped out the bulbs inside them with 55w 3000k yellow ones and they are bright! hopefully getting to polish the car either this week or next and soon ordering summer wheels. Also I know everyone hates HID's but they work and swapping them out after I get new wheels

2009 Audi S5

Comment

Did my water pump last night as it was leaking coolant like crazy! One thing I learned last night is not to trust the owner before you unless they have proof that things in the car were changed. Over all it went really well, took about 3 hours and I used the "fast" method to do it. Instead of raising the engine I lowered it on the passenger side which took a lot less time and stress that something would go wrong.

2009 Audi S5

Comment

Ahhhhh! Plastic pump?!
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                  Ahhhhh! Plastic pump?!
                  Yeah unfortunately, wasnt leaking too bad till yesterday when it just started pouring out. Guess its my fault for not changing it earlier. Was gonna go with the all metal one but I got a nice discount off this one from my work, and i needed it replaced ASAP.
                  2009 Audi S5

Comment

I have always loved the dubstop imports foglights over the ECS foglights, they have a way better OEM finish and look really good on your GLI. However i would severely caution against running 55W bulbs in them, the heat will fry the reflective surface in a very short time period, i believe the bulbs included are 27W or there abouts, i'd try and stick to that wattage range to prolong the life of the foglights themselves.
                    Also fog lights don't need to be super bright, it's a common misconception that the brighter your lights are the safer you are when driving, when in fact the more foreground lighting you have, the worse your night vision becomes because your pupils narrow due to the excess amount of light. It is best to have an even distribution of light in both the foreground and distance or a bias towards more light at a distance. There really isn't much you can do when an animal or road debris becomes visible 20' in front of your car at any speed. This includes your fog lights and the HID's that you have in there. You will get much better night vision overall (less light output yes, but better night vision) by swapping your fogs back to 27W 880 bulbs and your HID's out to a good 55W halogen bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                      I have always loved the dubstop imports foglights over the ECS foglights, they have a way better OEM finish and look really good on your GLI. However i would severely caution against running 55W bulbs in them, the heat will fry the reflective surface in a very short time period, i believe the bulbs included are 27W or there abouts, i'd try and stick to that wattage range to prolong the life of the foglights themselves.
                      Also fog lights don't need to be super bright, it's a common misconception that the brighter your lights are the safer you are when driving, when in fact the more foreground lighting you have, the worse your night vision becomes because your pupils narrow due to the excess amount of light. It is best to have an even distribution of light in both the foreground and distance or a bias towards more light at a distance. There really isn't much you can do when an animal or road debris becomes visible 20' in front of your car at any speed. This includes your fog liginfoand the HID's that you have in there. You will get much better night vision overall (less light output yes, but better night vision) by swapping your fogs back to 27W 880 bulbs and your HID's out to a good 55W halogen bulb.
                      Thanks for the info! I agree with you and i honestly hate the HID, the reason i left them in there for now is because their abit brighter and the owner before me decided to get tinted lenses, which sucks cause you get less light output. Im trying to find parts or someone thats selling a retrofit housing as that could make it alot easier driving at night.
                      2009 Audi S5

Comment

why dont you just replace the lenses if you dont like the tinted ones?
                        D R E W

Comment

Well im gonna run them for another month or 2 then im trying to get retrofits with glass lenses, i think its pointless to change the lenses now if im gonna change them again in a little while. Plus the tabs on the back are broken and i dont wanna keep the housings.
                          2009 Audi S5

Comment

Not a single damn was given for your water pump, my eyes were starring straight at that gorgeous roller shot from Calgary Police Service LOLOL
                            Last edited by kujiwara; 04-25-2015, 06:06 PM.
                            Current Fleet
                            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786
                            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Took a trip down to Montana today to pick up some Miro 112.Went with 18x8.5 up front and 18x9.5 in the rear. I've been looking for these for a while and came across a good deal from Guerillaracing.com . They had free and fast shipping, over all I couldn't be happier. The fronts need 3 or 5mm spacers because they barely clear the coilover and I also need ball seat lugs. Chad from Kal tire is helping me out with some Nitto gens and a nice stretch, so hopefully everything will be on the car by Friday night.

FRONTS:

REAR:
                              2009 Audi S5

Comment

Nice. Those wheels are gonna look great on there!
                                Patryk
                                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                                08 VW .:R32
                                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                                X