X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Audi R8

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
    liittle too square/boxy for my liking :(
    I agree with you. I loved the look of the old one but like the interior of this one!
    2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
    2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

where is the nav screen in the instrument cluster??

Comment

yes, just like the tt
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I love this pic!

-Mike

Comment

Nice - I'd drive it
            Work - houzz / linkedin
            Play - haldex swap

Comment

I like it, not a huge fan of the grey side panels, but I would still buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by courtney View Post
                I like it, not a huge fan of the grey side panels, but I would still buy one.
                Could always be painted to match, probably available as an option.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

The first generation had a standard colour side blade that was matched with each exterior colour, with a couple of other options available such as carbon fibre. Colour matching I do not think was an option but of course it can always be done, personally I find it makes the car look too long and out of proportion with a single colour but this new version is not as prominent but I would usually go carbon given the choice!!

Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love the new one. Especially love the rear 1/4 window area ( I don't think its actually a window though) and the longer roofline!!
                    Last edited by GINCH; 03-02-2015, 12:37 PM.
                    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Some more info and pics!

The second generation Audi R8 has arrived in Geneva in V10, V10 Plus and e-tron specification.

Audi has released an extensive photo gallery of the overhauled R8 to celebrate the supercar's world debut in Geneva where the gathered crowd is able to take a better look at the evolutionary design while underneath the familiar skin is an entirely different car compared to its predecessor. There's no V8 4.2 engine anymore as Audi has decided to offer the new R8 only with a reworked V10 5.2 rated at 540 HP & 540 Nm in the base model and 610 HP & 560 Nm in the R8 V10 Plus guise.

In terms of performance, the €165,000 R8 achieves the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 3.5 seconds and tops out at 200 mph (320 km/h) whereas the €187,400 Plus model is 0.3s quicker in the sprint and can do 205 mph (330 km/h). Aside from being quicker and more powerful, the R8 V10 Plus also gets some CFRP bits and pieces, a fixed rear wing, larger 20-inch wheels (19-inch for V10) and is also substantially lighter, tipping the scales at 1,454 kg (1,555 kg for V10).

There's also a fully electric R8 e-tron model which will be available from day one with 462 HP & 920 Nm and a 450 km (279 miles) range. This one will hit 62 mph (100 km/h) from a standstill in 3.9 seconds before reaching an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

Audi will start selling the new R8 this summer, with pricing for the aforementioned e-tron to be announced at a later date.

Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i like
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

LMS Version

Blair

Comment

lms version for the street plz
                            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Well looks like you are all to blame for there being no manual sold this time around, as you guys did not buy the V8 or a manual last time around

Quattro boss Heinz Hollerweger has shed some light about the reasons as to why the second generation Audi R8 won't get a V8 engine and a manual gearbox.

Speaking at the Geneva Motor Show, Hollerweger said "we have no interest in a V8" mainly because the take rate for this version was low in the first generation as many customers preferred to opt for the larger V10, a situation which he admits has exceeded Audi's expectations.

For the same reason, there won't be a manual gearbox in the new R8 as in Europe for example, the demand for a manual R8 was almost inexistent. Hollerweger said the seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox enables the supercar to be faster around the track and very few people have expressed their interested in a manual variant of the new generation.

The second-gen R8 won't be V10-only as Audi has also introduced a fully electric e-tron variant and there are also rumors about a new entry-level model equipped with a V6 engine while a TDI-powered derivative could happen as well but these will arrive at a later date if green-lighted for production.
                              Blair

Comment

the more i see it the more i like it!

now checking auto trader for used v8s

Comment

Working...
                                X