2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Porsche has finally revealed the much awaited 911 GT3 RS at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.

It gets an aluminum body combined with a magnesium roof and carbon fiber reinforced plastic hood and engine lid as well as other lightweight components that have shaved off 10 kg compared to the regular 911 GT3 which means the RS version tips the scales at 1,420 kg (3,130 lbs). The engine lid has gained extra cooling elements as well as a built-in ducktail spoiler to boost downforce at higher speeds. Also noticeable are the updated front wings with air ducts, a prominent splitter and a big wing at the back.

Power comes from a newly developed flat-six 4.0-liter naturally aspirated engine developing 500 HP (368 kW) which enables the 911 GT3 RS to hit 62 mph (100 km/h) in 3.3 seconds and 124 mph (200 km/h) in 10.9 seconds before hitting a top speed of more than 200 mph (322 km/h). The engine's power is channeled to the rear axle via a revised 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission and a fully variable locking differential benefiting from torque vectoring.

The interior cabin adopts a familiar look but with a white rev counter, body-colored upholstery and stitching, three-spoke steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara and some carbon fiber inserts on the dashboard and door panels.

Capable of lapping the Nürburgring in 7 minutes and 20 seconds, the new 911 GT3 RS is scheduled to go on sale in a few months and it will carry a starting price of £131,296 in UK and €181,690 in Germany.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Vid

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love it, the turbo side inlets are a big change.
      Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

when i win the lotto this will be in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
          when i win the lotto this will be in my garage.
          When I win the lotto... the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 will be in my garage... because #savethemanuals

Transmission choice aside... the menacing look of black, red and the 5-window tint is absolutely delicious.
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            When I win the lotto... the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 will be in my garage... because #savethemanuals

Transmission choice aside... the menacing look of black, red and the 5-window tint is absolutely delicious.
            Well I just bought the winning ticket. But I'll be nice to all the enthausist on euro drivers and let them all take it for a rip, except deuce as he would like a manual. Haha

Comment

Sweet baby jeebus!
              2008 Audi RS4
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Blair

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  Well I just bought the winning ticket. But I'll be nice to all the enthausist on euro drivers and let them all take it for a rip, except deuce as he would like a manual. Haha
                  ROFLOL! ...maybe if I'm lucky... I can find a Cayman GT4 in one of my Tim Horton's roll-ups here and chase you guys around.
                  Rob
                  Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                  Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

2008 Audi RS4
                    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

I like him but I get sick of his pointless drifts. Haha.
                      Front fenders look awesome. Better check my lotto ticket maybe I won, I blew the last winning ticket and forgot to get this car. Haha

Comment

Love the purple!!!
                        Blair

Comment

Working...
                        X