RS3 for NA... maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RS3 for NA... maybe?

RS3 sedan testing at the 'Ring, should be 400hp.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Still no manual though. Boo! Pretty soon just asking for a car that doesn't drive itself will be a lost cause.
      Rob
      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

sooooo

rs3 sedan announcement tomorrow i say
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

The Canadian pricing was leaked today

http://fourtitude.com/news/2018-audi...ricing-leaked/
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

yuck they are still doing wider front wheels than rears on the new rs3??
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Is it front wheel bias?? The ttrs was correct??

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
                yuck they are still doing wider front wheels than rears on the new rs3??
                Yeah... that is weird! And no manual... arrrgh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Rob
                Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

EDIT - global site. Nothing on audiusa.com

I'm seeing both the Sportback & Sedan on the USA site.
                  http://www.audi.com/en/models/rs-r8/rs-3.html

Just the sedan on the Canadian site.
                  http://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/models/a3/rs3-sedan.html
                  Last edited by cam_wmh; 04-02-2017, 11:18 PM.
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

We’ve known for a while that Audi was bringing the RS3 to the United States. While the Sportback remains forbidden fruit to North America, the RS3 Sedan will officially debut next week at the New York International Auto Show in all its turbocharged, five-cylinder glory. A limited number of 2017 models will be produced at a base price of $54,500, but figure on scoring a 2018 model when they hit showrooms later this year with a base price slightly higher at $54,900.

That is a bit more than you’ll pay for a BMW M2 or Mercedes-AMG C43, but you also get more horsepower – specifically 400 ponies and 354 pound-feet of torque from the 2.5-liter I5. Peak twist is available from 1,700 through 5,900 revs, giving the RS3 plenty of low and mid-range meat for its Quattro all-wheel drive system to handle. Drivers can choose between comfort, auto, dynamic, and individual driving modes; each mode gives the driver control over a variety of performance aspects including steering and throttle response, damper control (when equipped with the optional magnetic ride), and shift points for the seven-speed dual clutch automatic.

Audi also says the all-wheel drive system has no preset torque distribution for front and rear axles, but specific programming sends as much power rearward as possible “for increased driving dynamics.” The Motor1 U.K. team had a chance to sample the RS3 last month and found that, with stability control turned off the RS3 would “shimmy and wiggle its tail like a rear-drive sports car.” If that is Audi’s definition of increased driving dynamics, we like it. Audi also says the RS3 will get to 60 miles per hour in under four seconds. We like that, too.

Exterior treatments are kept relatively in check, holding with Audi’s generally conservative approach to even its most muscular of performance machines. Inside you find delicious-looking sport seats along with plenty of red RS stitching, aluminum, and leather. Driver and passenger have a full complement of modern tech at their disposal, including an available virtual cockpit with a 12.3-inch display that can show everything from tire pressures to horsepower measurements and a G-meter. Features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration are standard.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I think unitronic has a tune ready as well. Stage 1 is 500hp.
                        How does the 5 cylinder sound in person?? I can’t stand exhaust on the 2l turbo cars which is leading me back to a v8 or something like the rs3.

Comment

all 4's will sound like hondas, even vw. the 5 cyl is amazing sound, i miss mine
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                            How does the 5 cylinder sound in person?? I can’t stand exhaust on the 2l turbo cars which is leading me back to a v8 or something like the rs3.
                            Why I’ll never buy a mk6 or 7r. 4cyl is lame.

2.5 sounds amazing with the right exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I seen one by sait last month, it was silver. Looked amazing and sounded even better!

Comment

The fuel economy is very good for the performance you get, in the 2l but I just can’t be happy because of the sound. Life goals is to get a rs model car and keep the r for work. Been trying to get a m3 too but I havnt had much look, so My desire is switching back to the rs4.

Sound is extremely important.

Comment

Working...
                                X