My B6 "S4" - Project Lemonade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My B6 "S4" - Project Lemonade?

I've got depinning tools if you need them.

As for the threads - check to make sure the bolt isnt actually broken off inside the body of the car?

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
      I've got depinning tools if you need them.

As for the threads - check to make sure the bolt isnt actually broken off inside the body of the car?
      I was planning on making a plug and play harness adapter but ill let you know if i go that route! Thanks!

As for the chassis, im sire theres no broken bolt in there, I ve looked down that hole so much to try to figure out wtf is going on lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

I think you should take the time to swap the harness since a lot of thing are different between a fwd b6 and awd b7, it might take just as long if not longer to figure out the wirings and make adapters(or repining to different plugs). Also a lot of the accessories you want to swap in from the B7 could very well use different plugs or different connections. Swapping the full harness in correctly should make sure that you won't have anymore issues in the wiring department(biggest pain in the ass department).
        Current Fleet
        #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
        2001 Cobra #88/3786
        1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
        2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
        2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

BAM! V8 and 6sp manual is officially bolted in! (For reals this time).

Today was subframe bolt hole disaster recovery day. I was under the impression that to fix that stripped hole I would need to completely remove the engine/subframe again. Thankfully I was wrong. By just dropping the rear bolts and using the hoist to tilt the assembly I managed to get enough room to remove the old helicoil, tap the threads, and install the new helicoil!

Above shows the old helicoil... below compares it to the proper helicoil. Previous owner decided to put in a helicoil that was completely the wrong thread pitch... the one in there was alot more coarse, so thats what kept fucking my life up.

Theres the new helicoil, sitting in its new home. HUGE thanks to Jonathan Gheron for lending me his helicoil kit. Owe you one!
          Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

More stuffs a happenin'!

So I got the FWD rear subframe and gas tank out. This was super easy! Without a rear diff there was barely weight to that subframe, and luckily the fuel tank was pretty empty. No pics of this process as Kyle and I just dove under the car and ripped all this crap out in like 30mins.

Next job was to shove this Quattro fuel tank in!

This went pretty well, I was surprised at how different the FWD and Quattro tanks really were. The straps that hold them in are completely different! This caused a bit of a minor freak out...
            At first glance it appeared that most of the bolt holes for the Quattro fuel tank were missing... but upon closer inspection I noticed a faint square in the undercoating where the bolt hole should have been. I started picking at the corner and it started peeling away...

Here you can see the piece of tape with undercoating in my fingers, if you look closely my suspicions were confirmed... theres a nicely tapped hole hiding underneath! My best guess is that Audi taped these off to mask the threads from getting gummed up by the undercoating. Since this model was FWD, i suppose they just never bothered to unmask it?

With the gas tank fitted, and plumbed it was time to dig out that rear diff and subframe. (Worth noting, fuel tank fittings are completely different from B6 to B7, despite them being the same physical shape and size. Took some minor modifications but i managed to get all the evap and other random crap hooked up to the fuel tank.

Lined up and ready to go...

Jack it up, a few ugga duggas later and we have Quattro!

The springs were being a royal cunt, and spring compressors wouldnt fit in the tight space.... so sketchy ziptie spring compressing was performed... remember, if it sounds stupid, but works, then its not stupid? [emoji14]

And with that, all major mechanical components are in! I have a ton of wiring, plumbing, and freaking out to do... but this is good... very good.
            Last edited by GingerBeef; 08-16-2017, 05:50 PM.
            Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Great job Jason!!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Huge job but you make it look easy. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                X