Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B6 "S4" - Project Lemonade?

Hello Eurodrivers!,

As some of you know in late August I bought a 2006 B7 S4 for my winter car after my Evo IV was totalled from a freak accident. If anyone is wondering what happened to that Evo, somehow during shipping between Japan and here some sort of corrosive liquid was sprayed onto half the car, the cost to fix the damages was more than the car was worth, so I just got cash back for it. Anywho, managed to make some money during that ordeal, the importer was nice enough to give me back extra for my time. So, since there was no clean Evo IVs locally, i ended up buying that S4. I think I brought it to 2 or 3 Eurodriver's events before i got stupid busy with school?

Anyways, a few months ago I got into an accident in that vehicle (been a rough few months for Eurodrivers eh?) I was t-boned, the other car was going about 60-70 km/h, pretty safe to say that if I was in the mk3 some serious damage would have occurred, instead i walked away from the accident, no injuries at all besides a bruise on my calf where the speaker slammed into it. Crazy how much damage was done to the car, the whole body is pretty much banana shaped, theres ripples on the entire drivers side of the car, my exhaust is no longer centered on the car, cant shift into 5th or 6th due to the shifter being out of alignment and what I found to be the most crazy is that my speedometer exploded from the impact. While tearing everything apart I was amazed to find a 2 inch thick aluminum I-beam in the doors! Crazy how well these things are engineered... Anyways, after contemplating parting it out or buying a A4 and reshelling it. I figured that I got the car cheap enough, and found a B6 A4 with terrible rod knock for $1500 so I decided to dive in! Ive always personally preferred the B6 bodystyle to the B7.. I think my taste in styling is more oldschool.. :P This changed my project car plans a bit, I was planning on going JDM for my next project car, but hey, when life gives you lemons.. make lemonade?

After a lonnnnggg delay, i finally managed to make some time to go down to Deadmonton to pick up my new donor shell! I planned to get to work on this later, after school was done, but of course with my luck the A4s motor seized in the back alley, so I had to push it into the garage... For now, ill just be stripping everything off the B7 and scrapping the shell so i have a garage spot again. Dont think ill start swapping things over to the B6 until summer.

On another note, to help me along with this build I ordered the Audi Workshop service manual program thing, so if anyone needs any step by step DIY instructions for service and maintenance or any diagrams hit me up! I can text/PM/email you screenshots of pretty much anything you need to know, this program covers all Audis from 1994-2009. Also, pretty much all of the B7 body parts will be for sale (besides the 2 drivers side doors), anyone with a B7 looking for an S4 trunk or front bumper?
    Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-07-2015, 08:33 PM.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Re: My B6 S4 Project

Wow....amazing ambition Jason! I look forward to watching this swap!
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Nice lemonade Jason!
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I wish I had the cash for some of your parts. =(
        Do you take free labour? :P

Comment

I thought you were gonna call it Project Ginger Beef, I am very disappointed lolol
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Lol.. apparently its Project Lemonade now.. thanks Rod
            Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I'm interested on a few of the b7 things. Front passenger fog light assembly/grille, possibly the s4 valence and tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry on all the bad luck, but good luck with the new project, I am excited to see it take shape!!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                  I'm interested on a few of the b7 things. Front passenger fog light assembly/grille, possibly the s4 valence and tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sorry Dan, the S4 valence is getting grafted to the b6, also my tips dont come off, i have a magnaflow catback.

Not sure if you want my foglights tbh lol, theyre kinda gunky on the inside...
                  Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-08-2015, 07:53 AM.
                  Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I have a B6 S4 trunk spoiler you'll need.

I may want that 1.8t too
                    Last edited by onceover; 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM.

Pat

His
                    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I know it's not important at this point in time but why not just get the car totaled in the first place, collect the insurance and purchase another S4 with the money you get? It would be a heck of a lot easier and might be more reliable as a daily?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                        Sorry Dan, the S4 valence is getting grafted to the b6, also my tips dont come off, i have a magnaflow catback.

Not sure if you want my foglights tbh lol, theyre kinda gunky on the inside...
                        let me take a look, my lower passenger grille is cracked and fog light was smashed from a ice chunk. i can probably clean it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by thejungle View Post
                          lol.. Apparently its project lemonade now.. Thanks rod
                          ftfy
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Re: My B6 S4 Project - Project Lemonade

Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you! Do the B7 S4 motors have the same timing chain guide and cylinder peeling issues as the B6 S4?

Also, how do high school kids have so much money these days? I was dead broke at that age!
                            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Re: My B6 S4 Project - Project Lemonade

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                              I know it's not important at this point in time but why not just get the car totaled in the first place, collect the insurance and purchase another S4 with the money you get? It would be a heck of a lot easier and might be more reliable as a daily?
                              I'm curious as well.

OP, I understand you made easy money from the first ordeal and got the S4 for cheap, but money is money.
                              MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Working...
                              X