Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My B6 S4 Project - Project Lemonade

Originally posted by VW337 View Post
    Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you! Do the B7 S4 motors have the same timing chain guide and cylinder peeling issues as the B6 S4?

Also, how do high school kids have so much money these days? I was dead broke at that age!
    i found that i had plenty of cash to spend in high school, uni on the other hand.....it hurts to buy groceries

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
      i found that i had plenty of cash to spend in high school, uni on the other hand.....it hurts to buy groceries
      I seemed to have unlimited free time in high school too. That quickly disappeared in university
      2002 Jetta TDI
      2003 Jazz Blue GTI
      1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

Re: My B6 S4 Project

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
        I know it's not important at this point in time but why not just get the car totaled in the first place, collect the insurance and purchase another S4 with the money you get? It would be a heck of a lot easier and might be more reliable as a daily?
        Sadly it was an at fault accident :( I was turning left onto John Laurie and there was 2 cars the perfect distance apart that the car in the closer lane (an Acura MDX i think?) Was completely blocking the Buick in the further lane. It sucks, i thought it was clear, shouldve double checked before i turned but hey... hindsight is 20 20 i guess.

Anyways, i only had basic coverage, so the S4 was my problem. I did the math, seeing how much i could make back from parting it out. I figured that buying a B6 for 1500 would pretty much mean a free repair, once the left over B6/B7 parts were sold. Its just gonna be a lot of work haha
        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by VW337 View Post
          Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you! Do the B7 S4 motors have the same timing chain guide and cylinder peeling issues as the B6 S4?

Also, how do high school kids have so much money these days? I was dead broke at that age!
          I dunno haha, i made some decent money last summer flipping cars and detailing, and i dont really pay for food or housing... just the occasional McDonalds run so i guess its easy to save up a good amount of cash. i didnt have enough money to pay for the S4 initially so my parents loaned me a bit, but i payed them back.

If im not mistaken, the B6 and B7 s4 have the exact same engine and transmission. The B7 has an upgraded diff, and slightly re-engineered suspension, so i guess this will kind of be a B6.5 S4 haha
          Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-08-2015, 10:52 AM.
          Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Re: My B6 S4 - Project Lemonade?

Nice work, this is the kind of project I approve of! B6 is hands down my favourite style Be sure to grab the updated cupholders in the centre console while you're in there. And keep the glovebox/latch/hinge... common fail point. Are you swapping the headliner too?

Is that A4 a fwd? Or just partially debadged?

B7 had upgrades to the timing chain guides, just be a religious zealot with the OCIs.

There's a guy on motorgeek looking for an S4 bumper, maybe he'll be willing to ship.

Will be following for sure!
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
              Nice work, this is the kind of project I approve of! B6 is hands down my favourite style Be sure to grab the updated cupholders in the centre console while you're in there. And keep the glovebox/latch/hinge... common fail point. Are you swapping the headliner too?

Is that A4 a fwd? Or just partially debadged?

B7 had upgrades to the timing chain guides, just be a religious zealot with the OCIs.

There's a guy on motorgeek looking for an S4 bumper, maybe he'll be willing to ship.

Will be following for sure!
              Thanks! Yup, im planning to swap over almost all the B7 stuff. As for that A4.. its pretty much as base model as base models get, fwd, no power seats, no alarm, nothing haha. The main list of thigns that are being swapped over are:

-The engine and tranny (obviously)
              -Quattro swap (rear beam, diff, gas tank)
              -Interior stuff (Steering wheel, black S4 headliner, recaros, carbon fiber trim, center console etc)
              -Exhaust, suspension, brakes
              Pretty much, both cars will be getting stripped to a shell, then reassembled...not many parts are staying on that B6

Ive already ordered a USP lip, as mentioned earlier, the B7 rear valence will be grafted to the B6 bumper.. gonna do some other things on my own as well cosmetically. I really want to make this S4 MY S4 haha
              Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-09-2015, 09:02 AM.
              Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Awesome project - good to see you're making the best out of things. Looking forward to updates!
                Work - houzz / linkedin
                Play - haldex swap

Comment

You're getting way ahead of yourself with the cosmetic stuff. Save money for potential hiccups and worry about the small things like that later!

Pat

His
                  1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                  1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                  1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                  2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                  Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                    You're getting way ahead of yourself with the cosmetic stuff. Save money for potential hiccups and worry about the small things like that later!
                    x2
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

That's awesome I wish I knew as much about cars to do projects like that!
                      Currently own: 2012 Golf 2.5 Sportsline Small modifs: ST Coils, VMR V710 18x8.5

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                        Yeah, normally id agree haha but the USP lip was on sale... and in Canada.. and there were 3 left... so i kinda just jumped the gun on that one haha.
                        Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                          Sadly it was an at fault accident :( I was turning left onto John Laurie and there was 2 cars the perfect distance apart that the car in the closer lane (an Acura MDX i think?) Was completely blocking the Buick in the further lane. It sucks, i thought it was clear, shouldve double checked before i turned but hey... hindsight is 20 20 i guess.

Anyways, i only had basic coverage, so the S4 was my problem. I did the math, seeing how much i could make back from parting it out. I figured that buying a B6 for 1500 would pretty much mean a free repair, once the left over B6/B7 parts were sold. Its just gonna be a lot of work haha
                          Ah okay that makes a lot more sense now. Maybe now from that little incident will come the lesson to always put full insurance on any car you care about/want to have around for a while. Everybody makes mistakes.

I'm excited to see this V8 turbo project go full speed ahead
                          Last edited by MechEngg; 04-09-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                            Ah okay that makes a lot more sense now. Maybe now from that little incident will come the lesson to always put full insurance on any car you care about/want to have around for a while.
                            Too bad it'll cost you your soul at our age for full coverage.
                            Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
                              Too bad it'll cost you your soul at our age for full coverage.
                              I have dealt with high insurance, trust me.
                              I would still recommend full insurance on an Audi S4. Or get a cheaper car that you don't care about is always another solution.

Comment

Great Project! A good way of making the best of a bummer situation. Parting out the B7 will help pay for the project since the sum of parts are worth way more than the car as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X