Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My B6 S4 - Project Lemonade?

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
    I have dealt with high insurance, trust me.
    I would still recommend full insurance on an Audi S4. Or get a cheaper car that you don't care about is always another solution.
    Yeah.. Dylan is right. Being 17 + a B7 S4 = essentially writing off my car every year, i believe the cheapest quote i found was 10k a year, most of them being around 12k a year (almost as much as i paid for the car). This new one should be registered under an A4, but then again, ill have an accident under my belt so ill see how it goes with this one.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

I had a accident when I was 16.....paid for that one over the next 6 years. Insurance basically doubled
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

So I guess what you all are saying is there are advantages to getting older other than body hair and boner pills. I could probably T-bone one of you twice, wait till you got out to yell at me then run you over and I still wouldn't have to pay 12ka year.

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
          So I guess what you all are saying is there are advantages to getting older other than body hair and boner pills. I could probably T-bone one of you twice, wait till you got out to yell at me then run you over and I still wouldn't have to pay 12ka year.
          Well yeah Bob, that would just be a single claim.
          Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
            Remind me to stay far away from you haha
            Currently own: 2012 Golf 2.5 Sportsline Small modifs: ST Coils, VMR V710 18x8.5

Comment

Hmm, I use Canadian direct, and even before turning 25 I was paying around 3k for full insurance on everything. I also don't have any (except one) tickets and zero at fault accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                Yeah.. Dylan is right. Being 17 + a B7 S4 = essentially writing off my car every year, i believe the cheapest quote i found was 10k a year, most of them being around 12k a year (almost as much as i paid for the car). This new one should be registered under an A4, but then again, ill have an accident under my belt so ill see how it goes with this one.
                I recommend any young guy get the insurance option that waives the first case of the year, I totalled my jetta at a left turn in vancouver and insurance rates weren't affected because of that
                Current Fleet
                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Back in my day (circa 2000) my insurance payment each month was $360-ish a month. My car payment was $276 a month. I was 20 years old, with NO claims, not a single accident and just because I was a male under 25 living in Alberta driving a two door car I got nailed.....Now that I'm 35, two kids and still not a single claim(Ive been in two accidents and neither were my fault) I pay $165 a month full coverage on two cars(2008 honda accord exl v6, and 2008 audi a3 3.2l). If you keep your nose clean, it will pay off down the road. I look forward to seeing your progress on this project! Wish I had half the amount of ambition you do when it comes to cars.

Comment

Haha wow, this should be renamed to the "Official my insurance when i was 17 thread" . Anyways, back on topic. Im hoping to get alot of things torn off the B7 tomorrow. Dont **** on my parade weather!
                    Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Spent a few hours tearing apart the B7 today with Taylor and Terry, made some pretty good progress.... SO MANY NUTS AND BOLTS!!! I'm definitely not used to this haha Anyways, somehow i managed to shatter the window while removing my rear door card. Oops... i swear i (kinda) know what I'm doing. Judging by all the over spray and stuff, i have concluded that this car was once dipped orange

To conclude, ive have found out that the only real difference between a VW and an Audi is the number of bolts holding them together Anyways.. onto the pics! (buy my stuff!!)

Last edited by GingerBeef; 08-17-2015, 11:58 PM.
                      Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Price for shifter boot and the passenger grille/fog assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great start Jason!!!
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                            Price for shifter boot and the passenger grille/fog assembly?

Shifter boot needs to go to the new car, it has a slushbox. And i think im gonna sell the fogs/grilles with the entire S4 front bumper.. speaking of which, dont you have a hole in yours
                            Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                              Shifter boot needs to go to the new car, it has a slushbox. And i think im gonna sell the fogs/grilles with the entire S4 front bumper.. speaking of which, dont you have a hole in yours
                              I'll pass. Heard how much you want for it all . If I buy a new bumper I'll be getting the dtm kit.

Comment

From the pictures it looks like the passenger side aux. rad. might be leaking, its a common failure on those.

Comment

Working...
                                X