Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My B6 S4 - Project Lemonade?

Nice progress!

Be sure to keep the clock spring and the shifter assembly. Those have a good resale value.

What kind of plans do you have for the Corrado?
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
      Nice progress!

Be sure to keep the clock spring and the shifter assembly. Those have a good resale value.

What kind of plans do you have for the Corrado?
      Thanks! Will do haha.
      Dont think ill be doing much with the Corrado, just fix the body work and then keep it for a few years. These things are only getting more expensive every year and it officially becomes a classic in 3 years so its kind of an investment lol
      I'll sell it when im ready to fund a project that ive had in mind for a while now.
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

If you want, I can PM you a list of the parts I had that sold fastest from the B6 I parted out.

Comment

Re: My B6 S4 Project

Originally posted by GingerBeef View Post
          Lol.. apparently its Project Lemonade now.. thanks Rod
          looks like an awesome project!

im needing a ballast for my B7, my drivers side headlight is starting to flicker :S would you be willing to part with that?

Comment

Whats this? Is Jason actually working on this hiroshima level disaster of a project again? You bet your sweet cheeks he is.
            So, I finally finished up with the B7 shell yesterday, after a long hiatus due to school, vacation to the motherland, and then going down to Lincoln Nebraska to race against 79 other universities, progress on the "S4" project has started up again!

Not much was left in the B7 since I left it last summer... in retrospect I definitely could have finished this up and scrapped the shell at the end of last summer. Oh well.
            These last few pieces were such a pain to remove... whoever decided it was a good idea to have so may hidden/hard to reach bolts in the dash frame and HVAC crap can kindly go **** themselves (the pedals were also a mild annoyance, more annoying than any other car ive worked on atleast)

Next up was the brake booster (that too WAY longer than it should have), and all the wiring! Its crazy how much wiring there is in this car. Will I ever need this wiring ever again? Probably not, but its better to have it in case i need something rather than regret throwing it away right?

I laid out all the wiring on my lawn.... probably atleast 30-40lbs of wiring here.

Oooh.. so empty!

Welp, thats how it sits for now... lesson learned: The best way to store a car, is in the shape of a car. Time to find someone who will haul away this heap of german steel, then onto the next Audi!
            Last edited by GingerBeef; 06-24-2016, 12:01 AM.
            Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Re: My B6 "S4" - Project Lemonade?

It happened, the B7 is officially out of the garage and my life is slightly less awful. Now I have a pile of parts and another Audi to tear apart...
              On the bright side though, my B7 laid frame for a short while

Last edited by GingerBeef; 06-25-2016, 08:09 PM.
              Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Can you explain what's going on here? I haven't been following the thread.

Hope you have the mk3 still

Edit: Nevermind, went back through the thread. thought you were trying to get a 4.2 V8 in to a Corrado. A AWD S4 Corrado would have been some project!
                Last edited by Tuna; 06-25-2016, 08:49 PM.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                  Can you explain what's going on here? I haven't been following the thread.

Hope you have the mk3 still

Edit: Nevermind, went back through the thread. thought you were trying to get a 4.2 V8 in to a Corrado. A AWD S4 Corrado would have been some project!
                  Wait what.. v8 corrado was never the plan. Also, probably will never get rid of the mk3

I got a B7, i got in an accident with it, and now im swapping everything good into a Fwd auto B6 a4 haha

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by GingerBeef; 06-26-2016, 12:36 AM.
                  Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Ugh, so many more distractions... not enough time to work on this thing. But, since my Mk3 has actually been relatively trouble free lately and now that Das Volks is over I had time today to finally start tearing apart the B6 body donor!
                    This is what I started the day with.

The day started out pretty gross... took that dinkly little ram air filter to find of course what I estimate is a pile consisting of approximately 35 dead dragonflies and wasps.

After vacuuming that nightmare up I continued to tear the car apart slowly.

Drained the oil.. it looked like fancy black metallic paint. Neat, wonder what the hell caused all of this.

Tore more stuff off. Oh, by the way, every single intake pipe I took off was filled with oil... hmm..

I quickly found the problem when I took the pipe off the turbo inlet. Warning: Ko3 carnage ahead.

Took some videos to show the extent of the damage...
                    First, the intake side.

Notice how the nut thats supposed to hold on the front turbine was missing? And somehow, despite how aweful that was, of course the exhaust side managed to be in worse shape. Yep.

This could have been a factor to why the engine seized, but it also may have just been another casualty of neglect. I cant wait to tear apart the motor...
                    Last edited by GingerBeef; 07-26-2016, 01:54 AM.
                    Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Yesssssss!

Keep at it.

Comment

Welp, another summer that im not done this project. I keep running out of time each summer to accomplish what ive set out to do. But thats really just my fault for planning my schedule out horrifically. (Doesnt help that my bags blew on my GTI in Aug last summer lol)

But progress has been made! This last two weeks ive been getting some sh*t done! I really hope i can make more progress this summer than the last two.
                        First and foremost, excuse the picture quality... ive been really bad at taking progress photos lately, I find im alot more focused/less forgetful when i just put my head down and get sh*t done... which makes sense i suppose... So what few picture i have are cell phone quality.

But anyways, onto the car! Took care of the V8 first. I replaced those leaky valve cover gaskets, and also it turns out my engine mounts were completely shattered in the accident. I picked up some 034 Motorsports High Density mounts and threw them in!

Next, I had a minor disaster when I tried to remove the drivers side axle bolt... this is a situation where ill let the pictures do the talking...

Success! Saved once again by my shitty $80 Kijiji MIG welder. (Seriously, best $80 ive ever spent!)
                        Continuing on the A4, this time instead of dropping the whole subframe and engine as one piece I decided to just pull the 1.8T engine and trans.

I did this because I originally planned to drop the V8 and 6sp right onto the A4 subframe. I then realized that if i did that i would need to individually swap over each piece of suspension.... so after jacking the car up approximately 15km into the air, out came the subframe...

Im super pumped with the latest progress, we did a few more things such as:

-removed all the automatic things (shifter, pedals, linkages, TCU etc)
                        -started taking apart the interior and removed the 1.8T cluster

And lastly... a big milestone for this project. After spending the last 2 years ripping apart audis, I installed something back into the car for the first time!
                        The manual pedal cluster was put into the A4, now I just need to find where i put the 6sp shifter and clutch line 2 years ago and I can continue. WOO!

P.S this car has finally got a name.. its always been weird calling it my S4 project cause its not an S4 anymore... so meet the "S Faux"!
                        Last edited by GingerBeef; 07-18-2017, 01:01 PM.
                        Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I like the name! Good seeing some progress buddy!!
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Great to see you back at it Jason....I was wondering what was going on with this...
                            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Nice progress, it's going to be awesome.
                              Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-19-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Yay! More updates! So I spent like 2 days looking for my manual shifter. For some reason, 2 years ago i completely dissasembled it... and proceeded to store said pieces all over my garage. But i managed to slowly find all the pieces!

Put it all together and then threw it into the car.

While looking for the shifter parts i decided to tear apart the 1.8t a bit. Stripped it of all its wiring, sold a few accesories and took off the valve cover... pure carnage. All the grey you see are metal shavings... cant wait to tear apart the bottom end.

Continued to assemble the "S-Faux" but ran into a problem... the subframe must have been removed at some time in the past and an improper bolt was put in and ruined the threads in the chassis. Ive tried tapping it but the tap gets jammed and wont tap anymore than about 1/2" of thread...

Exciting day though, the V8 has been mocked up! Currently being help up by that stupid subframe bolt.... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as im currently at a loss as to what to do :(
                                All the other subframe bolts are all in.

Discovered some more disheartening news... the plugs from the engine harness to the chassis are completely different, so i have alot of wiring in my future :(

Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Working...
                                X